When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Fans

-

RUDY CONTRATTI

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Perhaps some did not no,,A tornado ripped through Shelby Ohio,,on Sunday,most eyes were on what had happened in gay Paree(Notre Dame Cathedral)and like most Shelby Fans no,,, is where our bikes we love were built.I meet one ole timer ,years ago at Memory Lane He was Mr Shelby,,and those that know,,he knew everything Shelby. And The Town of Shelby.There is a fellow Cabe member ,Tim or BLASTERRACING that I checked in on today,,and he told me several homes and local business were leveled.That was a real bummer to hear,and Tim being a Factory Worker,half his building was destroyed.Ya all know in life,,Just don't take things for granted,,and the last thing Tim said, on his message back to me ,,was,, We Will All Rebuild,,And Be Fine Over Time.Keep That In Mind.

Perhaps some did not no,,A tornado ripped through Shelby Ohio,,on Sunday,most eyes were on what had happened in gay Paree(Notre Dame Cathedral)and like most Shelby Fans no,,, is where our bikes we love were built.I meet one ole timer ,years ago at Memory Lane He was Mr Shelby,,and those that know,,he knew everything Shelby. And The Town of Shelby.There is a fellow Cabe member ,Tim or BLASTERRACING that I checked in on today,,and he told me several homes and local business were leveled.That was a real bummer to hear,and Tim being a Factory Worker,half his building was destroyed.Ya all know in life,,Just don't take things for granted,,and the last thing Tim said, on his message back to me ,,was,, We Will All Rebuild,,And Be Fine Over Time.Keep That In Mind.
Rudy:
I want to thank you so much for taking the time to check on me and give me that phone call. I'm sorry I have not called back yet, but we were out helping with clean up around the city. Funny you mention Mr. Shelby. Kim Heuberger is a good friend of mine, and he is actually the one that got me started collecting Shelbys many, many years ago. I learned a ton from him. Our factory is being assessed by engineers currently to decide whether it can be saved or needs to be leveled, so we are kind of on pins and needles about the outcome right now. Just thankful no one was killed and only a half dozen non life threatening injuries. Had it been during the week, I truly believe the outcome would have been much worse. One car dealership was completely leveled, and several other businesses that were closed at the time suffered extensive damage. Thanks again for your concern.

Tim Newmeyer

Boy, everything is just going to you know in a hand basket lately. What can you do but work even harder?

Is everyone okay otherwise?
It sure seems that way. These past 12 months have been something I just want to forget. Losing my Dad, my Sister, now, the tornado. Someone must be testing me!! Yes, I am ok otherwise honestly. Just trying to get some sense of normal back in my life. Appreciate your concern. Hope all is well with you.

Tim Newmeyer

I am very sorry to hear about the Tornado damage in Shelby, Ohio.
I keep this post card hanging above my work bench.
Because, even though I’ve never been there, for some reason, I have a soft spot in my heart, for Shelby, Ohio.
I guess it’s for the cool old bicycles that were once built there so long ago.
46E8D261-85D4-4F75-9267-7E0F7886FC0A.jpeg

I’m relieved that there has been no loss of life, but saddened to hear about the property damage.
It’s easy to say, that time and perseverance will heal all wounds, but I know that dealing with the insurance companies will definitely test ones will to survive.
So, persevere and survive!
Just to piss them off!
And build it back even better than before.

I am very sorry to hear about the Tornado damage in Shelby, Ohio.
I keep this post card hanging above my work bench.
Because, even though I’ve never been there, for some reason, I have a soft spot in my heart, for Shelby, Ohio.
I guess it’s for the cool old bicycles that were once built there so long ago.View attachment 982005
I’m relieved that there has been no loss of life, but saddened to hear about the property damage.
It’s easy to say, that time and perseverance will heal all wounds, but I know that dealing with the insurance companies will definitely test ones will to survive.
So, persevere and survive!
Just to piss them off!
And build it back even better than before.

Thank you for the kind words and that postcard is really cool! It is terrible dealing with the damage. We have been working with engineers and insurance company agents since late Sunday night and still have gotten nothing accomplished. They can't decide whether the structure is sound enough for us to even be in to cover machinery and product up, so everything sits in the elements while we go back and forth, and it is supposed to start raining Thursday. We are a paper product company that manufacturers folding cartons, so any exposure to wet weather will destroy our raw materials. I know as a fact we have a quarter of a million dollars in raw paper roll stock sitting there, that we can go in to cover. It is very frustrating, but then I look at my friends that have completely lost their homes and I put things back in perspective.

TIM

TIM

Tim - Thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated - Nature is a powerful force - But so are communities pulling together in times of need - Glad to hear everyone is alright . I got one of my early Shelby bicycles from Kim Heuberger on eBay many years ago - a two tone dark red & red 1940 Speedway Special badged beauty that I still love to this day - the pic below is from his eBay ad - thoughts & prayers with you & your town .. Frank

1940 Shelby speedway special - Ebay purchase.jpg

Tim - Thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated - Nature is a powerful force - But so are communities pulling together in times of need - Glad to hear everyone is alright . I got one of my early Shelby bicycles from Kim Heuberger on eBay many years ago - a two tone dark red & red 1940 Speedway Special badged beauty that I still love to this day - the pic below is from his eBay ad - thoughts & prayers with you & your town .. Frank

View attachment 982053
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers Frank. oh my gosh! I remember riding that bike when Kim had it!

Back