When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby fluted fenders

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I wasn't declaring anything definitively and actually prefaced my post with "There is some crazy stuff...". I have a few Shelbys myself and have done what research I could with the limited information available. V/r Shawn

DSC_0502 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0505 - Copy.JPG

I wasn't declaring anything definitively and actually prefaced my post with "There is some crazy stuff...". I have a few Shelbys myself and have done what research I could with the limited information available. V/r Shawn

View attachment 761487 View attachment 761488
Very nice group of bikes i like the snake belly tires i had original literature from Pherris tire co showing the early Shelby Ohio made tires on a speedline .... by what i meant here we go again by opening my mouth i am sure someone will take it that u have to build the bikes as quote to spec .... i firmly believe that like wooden boats a manufacturer would use what was available on that day using up the last stock with the next stock so you could end up with all kinds of crazy combos .... i think when ur restoring a bike you can buikd it how you want ..... I had a Paris texascrocket with fluted fenders mesh chain guard autocycle deluxe seiss lights lobdell horz seat airflow bars Ea pancake horn Peasons tear drop pedals and a shelby safety bike basket carrier with a delta battery tube people used to whisper what a waste of parts .... i still got $10k for bike when i was bored with the hobby what happened to it i dont know but my bet is it got parted put it was the craziest bike but it looked coordinated not thrown together and was fun building ..... as Blindfaith sang “Do what you like”

Very nice group of bikes i like the snake belly tires i had original literature from Pherris tire co showing the early Shelby Ohio made tires on a speedline .... by what i meant here we go again by opening my mouth i am sure someone will take it that u have to build the bikes as quote to spec .... i firmly believe that like wooden boats a manufacturer would use what was available on that day using up the last stock with the next stock so you could end up with all kinds of crazy combos .... i think when ur restoring a bike you can buikd it how you want ..... I had a Paris texascrocket with fluted fenders mesh chain guard autocycle deluxe seiss lights lobdell horz seat airflow bars Ea pancake horn Peasons tear drop pedals and a shelby safety bike basket carrier with a delta battery tube people used to whisper what a waste of parts .... i still got $10k for bike when i was bored with the hobby what happened to it i dont know but my bet is it got parted put it was the craziest bike but it looked coordinated not thrown together and was fun building ..... as Blindfaith sang “Do what you like”

Exactly why I try to stay out of discussions that people say this absolutely has to be on this Shelby or that Shelby. I have had many discussions over the years with former Shelby Bicycle factory employees that have educated me on exactly how the bikes were produced. Nothing was definitive on these bikes. If they ran out of parts, they went to the next parts bin and started using parts from another model. If they found old parts laying around from years past, they go used up on the next run of bikes. They tried to stay within the model "requirements", as much as possible, but they kept production going with what they had.
I worked with Kim Heuberger for many years collecting literature and trying to pin down certain models, but every time we would think a bike had to be one way or another, we would run across one that was absolutely original that had different parts on it. The same goes for serial number identification. There is no way to be absolute on a Shelby bikes year by using the serial number. Many of the numbers make sense, but many do not. It's just the way Shelby worked.

Tim Newmeyer

Exactly why I try to stay out of discussions that people say this absolutely has to be on this Shelby or that Shelby. I have had many discussions over the years with former Shelby Bicycle factory employees that have educated me on exactly how the bikes were produced. Nothing was definitive on these bikes. If they ran out of parts, they went to the next parts bin and started using parts from another model. If they found old parts laying around from years past, they go used up on the next run of bikes. They tried to stay within the model "requirements", as much as possible, but they kept production going with what they had.
I worked with Kim Heuberger for many years collecting literature and trying to pin down certain models, but every time we would think a bike had to be one way or another, we would run across one that was absolutely original that had different parts on it. The same goes for serial number identification. There is no way to be absolute on a Shelby bikes year by using the serial number. Many of the numbers make sense, but many do not. It's just the way Shelby worked.

Tim Newmeyer
Aerocycles had lobdell horizontal saddles and airflow had chrome rimmed troxels

Back