When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Flyer- 1948? Picked today

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Risk Man

Finally riding a big boys bike
I drove 2 hours today from the west coast of south Florida to the east Coast today in pursuit of a "1950 Whizzer". Sight unseen, but the conversation with the owner and the price (without a picture or much detail) almost too good to be true. It was. But after renting a trailer and driving 125 miles (it was a beautiful Florida day) I needed to salvage this trip. The Shelby Flyer I walked by earlier was for sale.

The only thing I know about CABs is what I have read between the lines while searching information for rebuilding my 1948 Whizzer. I knew it looked special and hope it was mostly original and authentic. He showed me a picture (which I also obtained with the bike) of the "original lady owner in 1948 with the bike".

I am posting the (strange to me) serial number "plate" under the bottom bracket and a couple of quick photos I took after dark in the garage when I got home. Not sure it is a 1948 as claimed by the seller. It looks like original paint and is in fair condition, with chips, scuffs and some rust here and there. Rims look chrome and rusty. Missing a few spokes front and rear.

It is my first and only collectible bike so maybe someone that appreciates it more than I will would be a better person to take it to the next level if there is one, or perhaps it will be the first of many to accompany my Whizzer addition.

Value?

More photos to come

Thanks,

Dennis

IMG_3518.JPG

IMG_3531.JPG

IMG_3522.JPG

IMG_3521.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome. They appear newer to me. Funny, I have a very similar model in my Shelby collection.

View attachment 1738519
Wow! similar indeed! Missing the rear reflector housing but an inspirational example for sure. Still not sure what I am going to do. Took the light cover off.. original 1951 (dated) ever ready Cat batteries inside. I have not really spent any time with it yet as I got home after dark with it last night and busy morning today. Thanks for your input. I have much to learn.

Back