When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Flying Cloud project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cds2323

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Here's what I believe to be an early post war bike. Although it originally had a front loader headlight on it. Maybe prewar?

Still working on chainguard and crank. Wheels are modern with heavy duty spokes. The bars/stem and seat are not original to the bike.

Anyone seen a truss rod set up like this on a Shelby? Most seem to mount on the front but these were on it. They appear to be Shelby built and aren't bent or twisted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 325
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 277
Great looking shelby. As far as the stem goes, i have 2 other Shelbys like yours, same stem, but your truss rod plate is wrong. Should be closer together at the top like mine.......

FB_IMG_1439654434703.jpg

Back to working on the Shelby Flying Cloud. Bent the truss rods back to fit a Shelby upper truss bracket. I suspect the previous owner had bent them to fit the other bracket. He was one of those collectors who changed things willy nilly, probably used whatever bracket he had. I couldn't find any evidence of Shelby using that bracket.
Chain is soaking and have to rebuild the hubs yet tonight. Hope to sell it this weekend.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back