When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHELBY help with the year

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

RUDY CONTRATTI

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Stumped on this The serial # is K145337,,Baged Traveler,,with a 3 and a half inch head tube Checked the files here the best I could??THANKS

Picture makes it hard to see.
There are early and late “K” serials.
The short head tube has me thinking earlier about early 1930’s for a 26” transitional design or perhaps earlier if it’s a 28”.
Could be a diamond frame?

Saw the pictures on the other thread.
Looks like an early 1930’s motorbike but the smaller 300 frame. The more common 5” head tube was for the taller 350 frame, in one advertisement.

Seen a couple of these on a Shelby serial numbers thread (short). Maybe measure the seat tube (mast)?
@slick
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/d...-bi-plane-lindy-tank-decal.34927/#post-188505

Last edited:
Rudy,
Post a pic of the frame and perhaps I can help. The page Archie posted is one I posted, I have others. It’s from a 1934 Shelby catalog. Yours looks to be an early Ballooner (based on the fork in the background) and the K puts it around 34 if it is.

Really nice bike. I believe it is the ST300 in the page posted above. I wish I had a better copy but this was how info was shared pre-internet. Unfortunately the Xerox is really poor, I’ve seen the original and remember the tank graphic shown on yours. Pretty sure yours is from 34 or early 35.
Is that a Morrow rear hub? If so maybe the date code on that will help.

Back