When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby / Hiawatha airflow stuff?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldmtrcyc

I live for the CABE
Any Shelby/ Hiawatha experts out there that can I'D what years this stuff fits? I just got it today. The rack looks to be from a boy's bike, if memory serves me correct, with the shorter tabs?
20190627_205458.jpg

20190627_123706.jpg

20190627_205548.jpg

20190627_205539.jpg

20190627_205603.jpg

I believe that the first Arrow shelby built for Gambles was fall 39 same as the Speigal airman was released for xmas 1939. They were department store contract built to supplement the sales of the speedline airflow . At one time i had Shelby memos talking about Speigal marketing but Hiawatha and Gambles i never found any info on the arrow or a catalog showing it. I believe John Atkinson is the owner of that literature and memo collection i got from Kim in the early 90’s . Be interesting to find the boys tank and frame because I am not sure I ever saw a boys Hiawatha Arrow original with that guard or rack although I will confess to switching them to matching original paint ones on mens. Most had the flat rack and safety bike style rack which was a 41 shelby. I once had a original arrow with a safety bike basket rack that i believe was bought at the time the bike was so either it was still being made in 41 or the rack was added in 41. I ve had many girls arrows with matching original big rack/guard so I am sure that is what had constituted the switching of the rack and guard throughout the years of the hobby. If there was a girls built that way there must have been a boys also.

Back