When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Hiawatha Arrow 'Regrestoration'

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
talking about shipping i am not sure that they didnt do the right thing sending it whole if it came from Switzerland. The bike had to have gone through customs, the risk
of them unwrapping every part to inspect/search and losing or forgetting to put it back in the box might have been greater than the damage at least you got all the pieces to make fiberglass molds from back. I know international insurance doesnt exist after a certain point.

Not to persist on a subject but in the last week there was a thread on facebook by some of the same hobby players from the cabe that either chined in on this thread or “liked” it that were ranting about parting a girls bike and how hobbist who do that or dont leave examples as is were whinning in the knitting circle about how terrible it is. I find it kind of hypocritical to be running your mouth about it but then aplodding a destresseration and repopping in fiberglass. So i am going to take it that when I supported taking some rare parts or incorrect ones and using them to complete a bike missing something wont have the knitting circle drama anymore. This thread should clear my name even though i cannt really say i have ever broke down a bike, but have barred the criticism of. buying original parts and installing them or upgrading them on bikes i have “owned” or using a missing relic in the form of a repop. The hobby has spanked the likes of Steve Castelli Don Vaughn Jerry Williamson and even Larry Busch over this topic throughout the years.

I got it off my chest.... mostly by reading the comments and reviewing the ”likes”from not only this thread but many in the past . No need for apologies to or from me or the pioneers who have put together or found the items we so cherrish and use for reference I raise my hand in guilt but not hypocrisy. Simply said the definition of an expert is one who likes to hear himself talk. I spoke up because this thread and the recent facebook thread after serious thought and study made me an expert on the subject of the hobbies bull dung.

By the way jafco already has the parts to this bike and many others available in fiberglass. Its a credit to him to make the stuff available for the poor guys that dont fit or can afford to knitt with the rest of us.

Good luck with this project in twenty years i wont be alive to buy it as an original paint only one found built deluxe ....... they never came with deluxe airflow rack and guard or an unmolested example let alone Arrow literature to confirm. I ve had maybe six restored that way and one orig I put together so I am going to “like” the thread and being an airflow admirer cannt wait to see the end product.

Wow that’s a cryin shame! Here is a perfect example why complete disassembly and excessive packing materials are required for safe shipments. What a waste of vintage metal. It’s a sad in the vintage bike world. :(
see my previous comment I like my bikes to come put together lessons the risk of damage in dissassembly and reassembly and saves on the originals accessory wiring.

Just curious what the prices will be for a tank and a rack? V/r Shawn
Jafco makes rack and guard and i believe tank but maybe just airflow tank in fiberglass i believe the tanks were $800 maybe he doesnt make them anymore since he hand pounded the cwcrms bugeye out metal

see my previous comment I like my bikes to come put together lessons the risk of damage in dissassembly and reassembly and saves on the originals accessory wiring.

Too each their own. I’ve seen and received more damaged left assembled or partially disassembled than completely disassembled and packaged well. Most wiring has a screws at both ends that can be loosened and hence takin apart. I can see how on some high end 10k plus unmolested bike you’d like it to remain as such. Of course it all starts with the shipper. Whether left assembled or completely disassembled, if they don’t do an excellent job packaging, it all down hill from there! Dent, scratch,bend,and crunched.

Too each their own. I’ve seen and received more damaged left assembled or partially disassembled than completely disassembled and packaged well. Most wiring has a screws at both ends that can be loosened and hence takin apart. I can see how on some high end 10k plus unmolested bike you’d like it to remain as such. Of course it all starts with the shipper. Whether left assembled or completely disassembled, if they don’t do an excellent job packaging, it all down hill from there! Dent, scratch,bend,and crunched.

With this bicycle, it was one of the best packed and crated shipments I have ever received. Artwork packers that deal with paintings, sculptures, and antiques that run into the millions were responsible for this bike. It goes to show no matter how well you pack and crate a something, there is always risk that a much heavier crate can potentially crush your shipment. Jerry Berg is correct, with international insurance "all bets are off!"

...so I am going to “like” the thread and being an airflow admirer cannt wait to see the end product.
I'm out of the loop on the knitting circle, but I'm glad you like the thread. I'm looking forward to the end product also!
Jafco makes rack and guard and i believe tank but maybe just airflow tank in fiberglass i believe the tanks were $800 maybe he doesnt make them anymore since he hand pounded the cwcrms bugeye out metal
Jim makes some great parts and he's a super nice guy.

Looking forward to seeing how the rack turns out!
Looks good so far!
I took it apart and have been doing a little work on the mold today. Still some work to do but I'm very happy at this point. :)

Back