When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Hiawatha Arrow 'Regrestoration'

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TRM

Wore out three sets of tires already!
This is a collaboration project between myself and Brant Mackley (@New Mexico Brant ). Brant pieced together all of the parts necessary to build a 1938 Hiawatha Arrow and passed off all of the painted parts to me to do what I call a 'regrestoration' on them.

All of the pieces will be media blasted down to bare metal, repairs made, and then individually prepared for paint. At that point the paint process will be a sort of regressive 'New Old Paint' meaning that despite being new, it will take on the characteristics and warmth of an 82 year old (used but not abused) survivor.

Along the way I will also take the opportunity to make molds from some of these rare sheet metal parts for future fiberglass reproductions!

Here is the starting point:

Last edited:
I actually started some of the work a while back after the parts first arrived. Some of you on facebook have already seen the tank but here is where it started.

The tank had some minor damage. You can see some of it here.

The red insert had a dent that was 'oil canning' but I was able to hammer it out with a shrinking dolly and finish smoothing it with some filler.

Back