When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Hiawatha Arrow 'Regrestoration'

-
Waiting for one final layer of glass on the mold next week. Here's where it stands today.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

The rear rack looked pretty sad at first glance, but no too bad under the layers of house paint and rust.

The home made add on braces where removed. the wavy dented metal was hammered out and I also welded up the extra holes. Sorry, no process pics but here it is after the repairs and a final pass through the media blasting cabinet.

After a coat of high build primer the body work began.

Its a cruel fate that it survived being in Bicycle Bones possession only to meet this fate. It sounds like quite few treasures didn't fare too well after being extradited to Switzerland.
Sure is. It's just sad to see. I try to keep all my Shelbys after I restore them, but once in a while I have to sell one off to keep my other hobby of drag racing funded. The Arrow happened to be one of those bikes. My Son was actually looking for it a couple years ago to buy it back.

Tim Newmeyer
Shelby, Ohio

Just curious what the prices will be for a tank and a rack? V/r Shawn
Me too! lol

I'm really not sure at this point. There is still a lot of things to work out with brackets/braces etc. Plus I don't know what my cost will be from the fiberglass shop yet. As always the goal is to keep the price as low as possible. I'm certainly not making a living at this so it's more about the hobby than the money. I need to be making parts for sports cars instead of bikes! LOL

Back