When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby ID help year & $

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dazed & Confused

Finally riding a big boys bike
I ran across this Shelby in my travels. It appears to be complete, but all chrome is shot, and paint is extra crispy.
Can the Shelby boys & girls give me some details and year. What may be the value of this bike in its current condition. The current owner will let it go for a 100.
20191010_104621.jpg

Proverbial no brainer for a hundred bucks. Headlight, springer, tank double your money in a heartbeat at a bike swap. Nice duck tail fenders, jewel pedals and savable rack also. Good score for that kind of money.

Yes, the front light is probably worth a 100. My guess this is a mid 50's model. Anyone out there have this model? I would like to see a pic of one in better condition.

The springer is the 1950-52 patent 2,590,050 safety shock absorber.
The tank/low truss bar make me think later 1950's Cleveland AMF-Shelby.
Rear fork curves and chain adjusters look AMF-CWC; could be a 1953 transition year (only) feature.
1955 AMF-Shelby.jpg

Likely to have an AMF-CWC serial number and date code; (e.g., 53CW).

Last edited:
Old school Shelby collectors here in Shelby do not often go with the AMF after '53. Some are nice but the coral is limited.
It looks like a mixture of old and new while transitioning from old stock. The fenders have the old school paint pattern. Along with a couple other features.
Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Old school Shelby collectors here in Shelby do not often go with the AMF after '53. Some are nice but the coral is limited.
It looks like a mixture of old and new while transitioning from old stock. The fenders have the old school paint pattern. Along with a couple other features.

I can see why the hard core Shelby guy would shy away from the "new" AMF models, after all who doesn't like a pre-war Shelby. Reminds me of the AMF Harley's. The hard core guys looked on AMF H.D. with a stink eye, but that attitude has mostly changed over time. AMF did rescue H.D. from extinction.

The rescue of Harley was super important for the future of the brand. I saw a cool documentary about the history Harley Davidson stating just that fact.

Back