Shelby Kingb

This ad disappears when logged in

33 Shelby

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Oct 20, 2018
Orient Ohio
Thanks for including me to the CABE. My name is glen from orient Ohio. I’ve always liked antique bicycles but never had one. I went to a farm auction couple months ago and bought this bike because it’s head badge said Columbus Ohio and I really liked the looks of it. I brought it with me to the Fairborn Ohio bicycle swap meet few weeks ago . I met Tim Fox and a few other really nice guys who educated me so much on this bike . I will try to post some pics if I can figure it out

Archie Sturmer

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 13, 2018
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Nice depression bike.
Looks like you posted to the correct forum, for the 28" bike; are the tires tubeless or clincher-type?
Is there a serial number thread for earlier Shelby cycles or an alphabetical code for the year of make?
I have seen some circa 1935's with M&N's, so would an "H" perhaps be from 1930 or 31?
EC Simmons 1930.jpg
I have seen a 1930 Ad (St. Louis) that appears to show a Shelby chain ring.

bentwoody66

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 4, 2008
Middletown Ohio
Nice depression bike.
Looks like you posted to the correct forum, for the 28" bike; are the tires tubeless or clincher-type?
Is there a serial number thread for earlier Shelby cycles or an alphabetical code for the year of make?
I have seen some circa 1935's with M&N's, so would an "H" perhaps be from 1930 or 31?
View attachment 893014
I have seen a 1930 Ad (St. Louis) that appears to show a Shelby chain ring.
You ask about the tires, I found it interesting that the rear tire is marked war tire.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

33 Shelby

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Oct 20, 2018
Orient Ohio
@33 Shelby ... glen ... I, too, own a 1935
Shelby-Built King B. The architecture of
this machine .. as well as the architecture
of the Huffman-Built motorbike of late
1934, dictate that these two marques are
my absolute favorite bicycles of the balloon
era.

Welcome to the CABE.

..... patric

View attachment 892837

View attachment 892838
Thanks Patric, that’s one awesome looking bike, have you ever been able to find out where in Columbus they sold the kingb ?

Archie Sturmer

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 13, 2018
Los Angeles, CA, USA
The Columbus Ohio badge has a monogram below the S & B, could be an H, M or W, (or two).
There's a Cabe owner who often sell badges and may have insight; or maybe we have seen the monogram in a catalog page?
[it should not be Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & Co.; they were in Chicago].
https://www.columbusunderground.com/historic-smith-bros-hardware-building-continues-ongoing-rebirth
Smith Brothers (as in the cough drops?)
https://capitolequities.com/our-difference/see-our-work/smith-bros-hardware-building/

Last edited:

33 Shelby

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Oct 20, 2018
Orient Ohio
The Columbus Ohio badge has a monogram below the S & B, could be an H, M or W, (or two).
There's a Cabe owner who often sell badges and may have insight; or maybe we have seen the monogram in a catalog page?
[it should not be Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & Co.; they were in Chicago].
https://www.columbusunderground.com/historic-smith-bros-hardware-building-continues-ongoing-rebirth
Smith Brothers (as in the cough drops?)
https://capitolequities.com/our-difference/see-our-work/smith-bros-hardware-building/
That is so cool, that bike needed to belong to me, I kept trying to think of a building in Columbus that was SB&H and I just cannot, then after your post it hit me . I’m a pipe welder local 189 Columbus Ohio, well 20 years ago we helped rebuild SMITH BROTHERS HARDWARE . I have this picture of the finished building in my shop.

C3F11B79-6890-4F0B-945C-C40ABC123C16.jpeg

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture