When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Kingb

-

33 Shelby

Look Ma, No Hands!
Thanks for including me to the CABE. My name is glen from orient Ohio. I’ve always liked antique bicycles but never had one. I went to a farm auction couple months ago and bought this bike because it’s head badge said Columbus Ohio and I really liked the looks of it. I brought it with me to the Fairborn Ohio bicycle swap meet few weeks ago . I met Tim Fox and a few other really nice guys who educated me so much on this bike . I will try to post some pics if I can figure it out

@33 Shelby ... glen ... I, too, own a 1935
Shelby-Built King B. The architecture of
this machine .. as well as the architecture
of the Huffman-Built motorbike of late
1934, dictate that these two marques are
my absolute favorite bicycles of the balloon
era.

Welcome to the CABE.

..... patric

1935 Shelby patric-1992-4thjulyparade 2.jpg

1934 Huffman NATIONAL           Nnnn.jpg

Nice depression bike.
Looks like you posted to the correct forum, for the 28" bike; are the tires tubeless or clincher-type?
Is there a serial number thread for earlier Shelby cycles or an alphabetical code for the year of make?
I have seen some circa 1935's with M&N's, so would an "H" perhaps be from 1930 or 31?
EC Simmons 1930.jpg
I have seen a 1930 Ad (St. Louis) that appears to show a Shelby chain ring.

Nice depression bike.
Looks like you posted to the correct forum, for the 28" bike; are the tires tubeless or clincher-type?
Is there a serial number thread for earlier Shelby cycles or an alphabetical code for the year of make?
I have seen some circa 1935's with M&N's, so would an "H" perhaps be from 1930 or 31?
View attachment 893014
I have seen a 1930 Ad (St. Louis) that appears to show a Shelby chain ring.
You ask about the tires, I found it interesting that the rear tire is marked war tire.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

@33 Shelby ... glen ... I, too, own a 1935
Shelby-Built King B. The architecture of
this machine .. as well as the architecture
of the Huffman-Built motorbike of late
1934, dictate that these two marques are
my absolute favorite bicycles of the balloon
era.

Welcome to the CABE.

..... patric

View attachment 892837

View attachment 892838
Thanks Patric, that’s one awesome looking bike, have you ever been able to find out where in Columbus they sold the kingb ?

Back