When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Serial Number Project

-

RMS37

I live for the CABE
A recent post:

http://www.thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5236

turned up an unusual frame that was most likely produced by Shelby. This brought to light another essentially identical frame. Both frames have serial numbers and the two numbers are not in exactly the same pattern nor numerically close. I have examined a couple more Shelby frames and recorded the numbers with the idea that, like the CWC serial number project, it may be possible to build a data base that would be helpful for dating Shelby bicycles.

I?m running between several objectives today so I thought I would start a thread for collecting serial numbers for Shelby built bicycles and then add some more content when I have a chance.

Awsome Phil. I'll be going to My Storage unit this weekend and will get the Serial # off my 37 Shelby Airflow and both of my Shelby Flying clouds that had 1939 Dated Morrow hubs on them.

Please see two Shelby bike pics & serial #s entered this discussion forum last September 6. The prewar Flyer: X 19251 and the Flying Cloud: A 98352 53w (w circled). both s/n are stamped bottom of crank housing. Replies in forum determined flyer was 1940 "or there about". The Cloud a 1953 due to circled 53w. Good luck with the Shelby project!

Just tracked down the numbers on a shelby here

1053- I assume 10/1953 ?

Hi guys,
I know this is an old thread but I was hoping someone could help me figure out what year this frame was built. The head badge says “Eagle”. I still have the original forks, but they have a stem broken off down inside the steer tube, so I put a Monark springer on it. :D

Anyway, in reading the posts above, it looks like there used to be some photos in this thread, but they seem to be gone now.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

ShelbyEagleSerialNo1_zps5451e1c0-1.jpg

1940sShelbyEagle13_zpsbe4b2aab-1.jpg

1940sShelbyEagle14_zpsc80a891e-1.jpg

Reactions: JLF
I have an Eagle just like yours, but the one that I have is much more crusty. Serial number is N297178. Not sure if that helps any. I just guessed that mine's like a '36.
2013-07-10_17-30-46_532.jpg
2013-07-10_17-31-01_877.jpg

I have two Airlflow frames in my garage right now. One has the drop stand ears. Its number is 13929.

The other one does not have the drop stand ears. It has two numbers on the bottom bracket shell. They are V393 and N289710.

I have an ad from 37 that shows a bike without the drop stand ears.

20160707_221430.jpg
20160706_184650.jpg
So here's my serial....B75453..shelby flying cloud . I'm Curious On the Year As I Dig Into THIS build

Back