When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Shock Eas Question

-

JRE

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
The Spring and Bushing in the Shock Eas fork on the 40/41 Shelby I just bought is worn out and was wondering if anybody makes a replacement. Also looking for any info on how to replace them Thanks.

A lot of compression springs are made in China these days. I believe that there are 2 color code systems, but the Green “heavy load” may be the right one. (Brown is the extra heavy load). I forget what the length might be (65 mm?), but the width is 22mm (just like a stem), and the 22 OD comes with an ~11mm ID.
I found some fairly hard rubber bumper washers, made by Penn-Elcom; (not sure if they are hollow).

Last edited:
The Spring and Bushing in the Shock Eas fork on the 40/41 Shelby I just bought is worn out and was wondering if anybody makes a replacement. Also looking for any info on how to replace them Thanks.
Shock ease was built until early 50s

Back