When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Time

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Last summer I seen this rusty, tired old Shelby...tired and beat, everyone passing it by...no one wanted it...
But I had made a promise to myself... I would buy NO more bikes...
So I traded a Columbia and a Rollfast, both with springers, for a Dixie Flyer, that I once owned, and I regretted selling....and a seldom seen, boys Shelby, pictured below. Since last summer, I've moved...
IMG_2176 (2).JPG
Now it's winter. I look down the lonely street. It's cold...very lonely...
IMG_2156 (4).JPG
IMG_2151 (3).JPG
I look out my window.......
.The Shelby's outside...covered in snow.....covered in snow now....Winfield's a lonely town.....when your the only Shelby boy......around...
So.... Rat Rod Time! Build a fire.... Bring the old Shelby in.........
IMG_2154 (4).JPG
The shop is nice and warm...
IMG_2153 (2).JPG
Let it snow.....
IMG_2152 (3).JPG
I'll keep you posted....

IMG_2155 (3).JPG

Are you keeping the tank? If not, my girl Tess would love one.

Like they say, a bike without a tank , is like a pizza without the cheese, a kiss without the squeeze....The tank was the main reason I traded for this bike.
It's going back on, with the Shelby script logo on it. From the amount of rust on this bike, I expected this tank to be loaded with pin-hole rust, like so many others I've seen . Surprisingly , it is as solid as can be, with only small dents. I took these pictures yesterday morning, and will take some more tomorrow. It really was a good week-end to work on any kind of a hobby inside, as the weather is not that great.
Remember: have fun with your bikes, they don't have to be show bikes, or classics.:) Enjoy them!

HI TINKER,
GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK ON THE CABE.
NICE SCENERY AND NEW COMFY ABODE?
Hey Wes, yes I have been pretty much gone since August. I moved to a ranch style house, from a two story. 40 years of hoarding was hard to unload, but I did it. Cut the bikes down to half [35] and got rid of most of the parts and collectibles. I got out of the old car hobby years ago, thank God. Moving is a real pain.

Well, darn, but my loss is always your gain. Not as scarce as chicken denturists but not an easy thing to find yet.

Cut down a Buick Roadmaster hood ornament for the fenderless
IMG_2164.JPG
front. Added a 53 Monark , Super-Delux rocket to the rear fender, which was a front fender. Thinking about giving the frame one more coat of paint. Might paint pitted Buick hood ornament silver, as most of the plating is gone. Front of ornament will be supported by a fender brace.
IMG_2160.JPG
IMG_2162.JPG

Back