When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

shipping bike tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Box them up as small as possible. Are they new ? Some guys just wrap them in plastic bags and send that way. I would also think one of the shippers like bike flights or ship bikes would give you best price. Some guys will twist them into smaller box. I have received tires twisted and have had no problems. I prefer no twist but again you will get both sides of the argument. Good luck
Looking for suggestions on shipping a pair of 26" wire bead tires, Thanks.

I'm shipping a pair of Carlisle studded tread tires. I wrapped brown paper around them and wrapped with blue masking tape. I could have twisted them, but that's too risky to have them twisted up for days. I'm thinking FedEx? Any experience with best rates for tires with no box?

That kinda says it all except if they are vintage, I would not fold or twist those no matter how nice they seem.
I WOULD AGREE! WHEN I SOLD A VALUABLE SET OF TIRES, I JUST GOT A BIG BOX TO LAY THEM FLAT.
AND ALSO EVEN A SINGLE TIRE I SHIPPED THE SAME WAY.
I HAVE A 1933-35 ORIGINAL FISK NEOPRENE "CLAY COLOR" TIRE THAT I WOULD NOT CONSIDER SHIPPING
ANY OTHER WAY. I ALSO HAVE A PAIR OF '33-'35 DOUBLE DROP CENTER RIMS I WOULD CONSIDER SELLING AS
A PACKAGE. I WOULD PROBABLY HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING JUST THE RIGHT BOXES FOR THEM SHIPPING LIKEWISE.

Back