When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Halp

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kstone

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Heyooo. Found a bike that's got my heart throbbin. Plus it has the past 40 years of it's life in photos and stories from the second owner. The seller and I made a deal but he's not a bike guy and the LBS's seem to be falling short. (no, you can't pack a bike in packing peanuts) it's sadly too far away for a road trip.

Throwing out some hope that someone is near Oklahoma City that could help facilitate this whole shin dig, in trade for financial compensation and a lifetime of adoration. :D:cool:
I checked the member map but it's not looking good.

Thanks guys!

...that's only because most members are a bit skittish about tell'n ways they live! good luck!

Last edited:
23chMidgetMemes.jpg

Heyooo. Found a bike that's got my heart throbbin. Plus it has the past 40 years of it's life in photos and stories from the second owner. The seller and I made a deal but he's not a bike guy and the LBS's seem to be falling short. (no, you can't pack a bike in packing peanuts) it's sadly too far away for a road trip.

Throwing out some hope that someone is near Oklahoma City that could help facilitate this whole shin dig, in trade for financial compensation and a lifetime of adoration. :D:cool:
I checked the member map but it's not looking good.

Thanks guys!

If done properly a complete bike can be shipped with no damage.
Several years ago, I bought a complete bicycle from New York and was shipped to
Calif. Who ever packed the bike did an excellent job.
I recall that wood spacers were used between the wheels and throughout the bicycle
to prevent bending of the frame and fenders in case something heavy was placed on top
or thrown about. It took me awhile to unwrap the bike, reminded me of an ancient mummy.
But it was worth it.
Good Luck to you Kstone!

If done properly a complete bike can be shipped with no damage.
Several years ago, I bought a complete bicycle from New York and was shipped to
Calif. Who ever packed the bike did an excellent job.
I recall that wood spacers were used between the wheels and throughout the bicycle
to prevent bending of the frame and fenders in case something heavy was placed on top
or thrown about. It took me awhile to unwrap the bike, reminded me of an ancient mummy.
But it was worth it.
Good Luck to you Kstone!
Just like they stash bike boxes (no, I won't give you my last one), almost all bike shops save some plastic axle spacers etc. for shipping other bikes...buy some pipe foam insulation and zip ties and you are about 90% there. Use bubble wrap strips to cover anything that could get scratched or scratch something else. Lash it all together tightly but not so tight that cold weather could break the zip ties!

The most important thing is to picture the bike in box riding upside down, sideways, etc. Always box small parts and tighten anything that can vibrate loose. Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

On the other hand, if you get a boxed bike and the exterior of the box is damaged insist the carrier note it on the Bill of Lading. I have ripped open really damaged bike boxes while the carrier was standing there and showed them the damage....

Take photographs as you unpack it (also a good idea whenever you are concerned after you open the box, damaged or not) - photographs are worth gold and a thousand words when dealing with bad shippers and sloppy sellers.

Below is a good example:

In this case, this chainguard was only wrapped in thin foam and placed on top of the fork and then laid atop the frame, fenders, etc. It would have probably been ok if the bike had not traveled upside down for several hundred miles...I had no idea there was any damage as the outside of the box looked good. My documenting photos of the carnage saved any argument with the shop that did this - it was taken care of and they were totally apologetic.

Oh yeah, the envelope marked small pieces was ripped open from the hardware weight and they were scattered throughout the box...fun times...

Wh600I4.jpg

bbaNNWL.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe I should fully s plane? I'm a LBS owner and I'm going to be in OKC this weekend. If you want you can email me at [email protected], and in the immortal words of Mr. Robin Zander "I want you to want me" as your bike picker upper and shipper of choice (I added the last part of that). Anyway your shipping and insurance through the method of payment will cover damages if they occur in transit. Let me know if you're interested if not I need to rest my back for the Midget toss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back