When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have a friend that didn't get the notice and then the bike was shipped back.
I believe that FedEx may expect recipients to login to a computer to see the first two delivery exceptions, and only after the 3rd failed attempt, when one is still not home, leave the paper final notice.

I believe that FedEx may expect recipients to login to a computer to see the first two delivery exceptions, and only after the 3rd failed attempt, when one is still not home, leave the paper final notice.

Not to sure that's correct. Years ago I got one notice. Then I had to go to the facility and pick it up before such and such a date or it would be shipped back. But things change everyday.

I had to go to the facility and pick it up before it would be shipped back.
One time, I went to the 5-mile office location as pre-printed on the notice, and was coincidentally handed another package not expected for several days.

When I got home and opened the box, and noticed the wrong badge, I then realized that I still did not have the original item.
I made a second 5-mile trip before the deadline, but they still did not have it.

Later, I was informed via customer service number that the (big box) item was actually at their 17-mile big warehouse-like facility, (for yet another 3rd fun day trip).

And, people ask why.

Last edited:
Because one might not be home at some unknown time, (sometime before the end of the day), to sign for the delivered item; and the signature, already on the signed note, should be sufficient enough.

And the instructions for the delivery person are normal; (pre-printed options on USPS forms, or similar for private concerns).
They make multiple attempts.....

Although they may make 3 attempts, (as they profess to do), the recipients, if forewarned, would have an opportunity or freedom to say, No…..don’t make multiple attempts, when I am not at home, and instead deliver according to one of the other optional and more convenient methods of the delivery agencies.

If not forewarned, then the first notice might be an inconvenient one to try to chase down where a package might have gotten to.

Recipients should have choices other than deciding which work days to take-off to sit on the porch and wait for “special” deliveries.
Some people like choices and freedom.

Last edited:
Back