When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
cant fine this schwinn

I have this Schwinn and cant find it one line at all. The serial # I got is K6307. Can anyone tell me how old this bike is and how much its worth?

Attachments

• IMG_20130325_170606.jpg
    IMG_20130325_170606.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 443
Just a few notes....

1) If you can get it to fit in a standard bike box with over all length under 90" (I think) then the shipping is about half... go over by one inch and BOOM! the price jumps.

2) The above shipping method works great for a bike with no front springer. I just had a Phantom shipped and the front fork cannot be turned backwards, thereby lengthening the box and pushing it past the maximum.

3) If you bind pedals, handle bars to the rear wheel it should not turn, negating the need to tie the cranks. But it you want to anyway, align the crank with the forward down tube and tie/tape it to the down tube.

4) Leave some air in the tires, maybe half full, to act as a cushion for the rims.

5) Remove only the seat and slip the seat post down into seat tube. This will make the seat as narrow as it can be and will allow you to fasten it inside the triangle of the frame.

6) Ask for extra padding/packing over any lights on fenders or racks.

7) Hot water pipe insulation works great for any parts of the frame you want protected. Over decals, or paint work you absolutely want to protect. It"s cheap too.

Cheers..... Wayne

first thing is get rid of all the spammers in this thread.
now on to bike packing.i've got an excellent reputation for packing bikes well with absolutely no damage.i go to the hardware store and buy a batch of pipe insulation.usually about 5 bucks total.then i get huge quantities of longer zip ties.i wrap the entire bike frame with pipe foam and ziptie it in place.i ziptie the crank to the frame so it doesn't turn.i leave the back fender and wheel on and leave as much clearance as possible from the end of the box.remove the front wheel,pedals,seat and post,and bars and stem.usually the front fender if using a smaller box.i ziptie the rear wheel so it doesn't spin also.i use heavy duty bubble wrap on the rear fender and tie the bars to the rear wheel.the seat and post get wrapped separately and put in the bottom of the box with the pedals and any small parts.then plenty of padding or newspaper to keep the parts from moving around.i remove the front axle and put all the parts in a ziplock bag in the bottom of the box or ziptie it to the spokes.then i ziptie the front wheel to the frame on the opposite side from the chainguard as mentioned earlier.
to keep the cost down on shipping,i always make sure the box is no longer than 54" long x 30" tall x 9" wide.weight isn't really a factor.it goes by dimensional weight.i use fedex exclusively and have never paid more than 65 bucks to ship a bike anywhere in the lower 48.

a comment from a happy collector:This was the most AWESOME!!!! packing job I had ever seen! I am pretty good at packing but compared to Brian... I am a rank amateur!

Last edited:
Shipping help to Hong Kong

I'm an American living in Hong Kong and plan to bid on the Copake Auction on the 19th. If I'm successful is there someone out there who is able to pick up a 1890's bike and dissassemble to place in a SERFAS bike transport case for me? I will have the bike case picked up by FEDEX or oother courior service. The Dissassembly part for an old bike has to be done with care as you can imagine. You can email me at: [email protected].

big necklaces,jewellery sets

Where did the images go? I've recieved a few motorbikes that could have been loaded better. This could be an excellent source for those individuals that are hesitant to deliver.

Shipping costs from the East Coast to the West costs was alarming and I'm losing my ass doing it.
Double what it costs to ship to the midwest. What normally costs about $26-35 is in fact $52 to Ca. and Or.
Unfortunately all sales from me will have a "calculated" shipping cost from now o. Instead of an assumption of costs included in a listing that reads "$*** shipped"...hope this doesnt clearly break the FS rules.
But aim giving away my parts and bikes if I don't "calculate" from here in out.

Its all about selling to a Cabe member at a fair and reasonable price but we sellers shouldnt lose out on the fair deal.
Just saying.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just make double darn sure you take the fork off of the bike and put a spacer between the dropouts. A fork without an axle is pretty delicate. Greyhound is definitely the cheapest for shipping, but someone has to drop the box off at the depot and you have to go pick it up.

You may also want to consider having a bike shop professionally pack it. I usually do this on higher end bikes or just factoring in my time / materials. This may also be a good option for someone who does not have the proper tools to fully breakdown a bike for shipping.

I've found most bike shops charge $40-$50 for the service.

Back