When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is how mine looks which others have described pretty much the same thing. Without a doubt the front fork seems to cause the most trouble. One of the few bikes shipped to me was packed pretty close to this but the front fork punched through the foam and 2 layers of cardboard and was sticking out of the bottom of the box. The one time I had a bike store pack a bike they just taped pieces of paper around a few places on the frame. At least they had secured things pretty well.

Attachments

• shipping bike.jpg
    shipping bike.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 305
nice

This is how mine looks which others have described pretty much the same thing. Without a doubt the front fork seems to cause the most trouble. One of the few bikes shipped to me was packed pretty close to this but the front fork punched through the foam and 2 layers of cardboard and was sticking out of the bottom of the box. The one time I had a bike store pack a bike they just taped pieces of paper around a few places on the frame. At least they had secured things pretty well.

Nice wrapping!:)

Shipping International

I was recently contacted by a member in Hamburg Germany wanting a Spaceliner rack I have. Costs for the part is $40 but, when I went to my fedex acct to do the "Economy International" (personal effects, with a low $$ declared value ) shipping calculation it came up with $250...WHAT!!!!
Any idea what I'm doing wrong with the calculations or is this really what he should expect for freight costs.

Because the box has to accommodate the assembled rack with truss rods fender stays installed. I didn't want to take the rods off in fear that the buyer would have issues getting it all back together tightly. So I found a fender box (27x26x7) to properly fit and pack the part to ensure no damage could occur come short of running over the box with the forklift or truck. But the dimensions must be the issue. I just can't imagine this figure is correct....Damn $250 and then he still has the Customs fees and taxes he has to pay.

If there is no cheaper way then this guy is out of luck.

Any cheaper ways to do this international shipping?

shipping boxes

this might help for finding a shipping box

go to a independent bodyshop or car dealers bodyshop ask them
for a quarter panel or fender box most places would like to get rid of them

i shipped some car parts that way

the good thing the boxes come in many sizes and shapes
and are sturdy for the most part

Heres some shipping advice on wheels......................
When you ship wheels,either take at least 1 axle out(or both) or go to the bike shop and ask them for all the plastic "mushrooms"they sendon new bike axles in complete bikes and wheelsets!!!!!!I have a box full of that stuf...Why do I bring this up you ask??? I recieved 2 wheelsets today..BOTH HAD AXLES STICKING THROUGH THE BOXES!!! :mad: Carry on..Im on my way to get a hankie..:o

So this would be considered a bad packing job? I thought I did a good job ;) I left the wheels exposed so that the FedEx guy could wheel it to his truck easier.

IMG_06551_zpse0991189-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok...NOW im mad.......Fedex overcharged me more than DOUBLE for a box that WENT(I know,the guy told me he got the bike and was happy a WEEK ago!)It was a balloon tire bike without wheels..55x8x28",50 lbs....Was quoted $44 to Chicago ...then turned into $103!!..(It would have to add at least 3" to the size to go OS that much! But the best is coming...
When I finally realized THAT was the bike that I had been charged for(I sent a bike to Canada,so I ASSUMED that was it) I called and the lady tells me after I read the tracking # 3 times "we dont have a record of it being delivered.. I see it was created" ,etc..I go on to ask her,how is it for about the 4th time since I created an account w Fedex,you can CHARGE me,TAKE my money,BUT you CANT tell me what youre charging me for??!?? Im NOT Amazon!I dont ship THAT often..AND >> I << can see IN my account online after signing in,WHAT theyre charging me for,but they CANT???Its been 6 days since it was delivered..And when I go into my "ship history" It shows it was delivered...But they cant access the info :confused:Does anyone else have this problem?
PS,the bike to Canada only cost $83...(basically same size box,bike W/O wheels..)
Sorry...I was prepared to get whacked by some BS Canada/international fee,NOT a few state over delivery..
I guess my rants point is this..If you or I had a buisness and charged people too much money,then they basically came back with reciept in hand saying "What did you charge me this much for?" And we said "I dont know,I couldnt tell you",over and over again,and then in the same breath said that your merchandise never left the store..How long would we stay in buisness??

Standard bike box fits under a lower pricing tier with FedEx. If the desk rep enters the box measurements off by 1 inch+, it can kick it up to higher pricing tier. When shipping bikes it will usually be almost double!

I always measure my boxes before I take them in. Then I ask the desk rep to confirm their measurements to make sure they match ; )

it doesn't matter if the receiving clerk measures it right or not.i was just overcharged on 4 shipments from ebay sales.can you say ouch? when i called fedex i was told twice that they wouldn't reverse the charges and whatever the desk person puts in is only an estimate.i'll be at the fedex place tomorrow tearing someone a new ass,and then closing out my account.

Back