When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
bikeflights
Shipbikes
Both are subcontractors to Fed-Ex ground and are amazing. Online or on the phone.
Local bike shops are happy to give me boxes. Also check their dumpsters- they always throw good stuff out that is several years old and did not sell.
They call me “shiply the best”

Thanks for the info. I have been shipping many things for many years but I am really... "new 2 ol bikes"... I almost sold a Schwinn Lil Tiger and tried to make a Franken-box". I spent well over an hour, measuring, cutting, padding, tie wrapping, then folding flaps & taping and finally gave up, because A) it looked horrible and B) was still too flimsy for my personal comfort. A UPS "store" wanted $35 for a new box, $35 to pack & pad it and the shipping estimate was reasonable at around $45.00.. Had to tell the buyer (e-Place) a no-go. On my next venture, I went to our county recycling bins and found some biggies in there. The Lil Tiger got sold locally and was driven to it's new owner in NC by his dad for T-day. I

I used bikefights for the first time, they have a video on how to pack a bike for shipment. 80 bucks from NY to So. Cal. Insured. For a fully loaded postwar schwinn, Took a week they ship thru FedEx
You tell em the dimensions and the weight they email you the labels tell em when you want it picked up.
And there ya go. Easy peasy

Last year I sold/shipped a bike I meticulously restored, spent hours packing it up thoroughly, it still arrived with lots of damage to the box and a deep scratch in the frame. Had to deal with eBay's nightmare policy where seller has no rights, had to give the buyer a partial refund, and file a damage claim with carrier. It's now been 3 months and i'm STILL fighting carrier to get my money. After this horrible experience I will never sell/ship or buy/receive a nice bike through the mail ever again.

PS: It doesn't matter if you use a 3rd party broker like ShipBikes or BikeFlights, the carrier (i.e UPS & FedEx) are handling it, and the sorting hubs have zero respect for your goods.

20181003_152200.jpg

20181003_180030.jpg

s-l1604.jpg

s-l1603.jpg

s-l1605.jpg

Last edited:
Please never zip tie anything in any pkg you send me...please!
the worst.

If you are calling the example above "the worst" then we live in two completely different worlds. Maybe you could eloborate on your post so people understand what specific inconvenience you are referring to. It takes about 5 minutes to snip zip ties with a pair of good snips. The objective is to properly protect the bike from damage, most bike manufacturers use zip ties over foam, I've been doing it that way for 20 years, the bike shops in my area do it that way for 30 years, and everyone I know in the bicycle community (online and in the physical world) does it that way. Tape is not strong enough to hold protection elements in place, especially with the way FedEx and UPS handle packages at sorting facilities, rarely do you ever see people go to that extent of protection as shown above.

Last edited:
Last year I sold/shipped a bike I meticulously restored, spent hours packing it up thoroughly, it still arrived with lots of damage to the box and a deep scratch in the frame. Had to deal with eBay's nightmare policy where seller has no rights, had to give the buyer a partial refund, and file a damage claim with carrier. It's now been 3 months and i'm STILL fighting carrier to get my money. After this horrible experience I will never sell/ship or buy/receive a nice bike through the mail ever again.

PS: It doesn't matter if you use a 3rd party broker like ShipBikes or BikeFlights, the carrier (i.e UPS & FedEx) are handling it, and the sorting hubs have zero respect for your goods.

UPDATE: Ironically 24 hours after I posted the message above I just received my claim check in the mail today. It took 16 weeks of phone calls and repeatedly sending them requested documents. Normally I would never have put myself through all that aggravation, but since it was a $1500 bike that was mint I wanted justice. You can't win every battle and many are not worth fighting, but this one was.

I live in the Chicago burbs, and a childhood friend of mine just started up a new shipping themed buisness where he does not perform shipping services himself, but is dealing with corporate accounts where he is providing custom packages, and shipping materials to those corporations.

I have talked to him about the possibility of obtaining materials and boxes for bikes, and other stuff. Right now its just a one man operation, but we have also talked about the possibly of myself getting into his new buisness early on and working for him once he is ready to hire employees.

He has lived in Arizona for well over the past decade, and used to run another buisness in that location that he was very successful in. He recently moved back into the same town I live in, and this is a new company he is just starting up. If anyone is planning to ship a bike from the Chicago area, I "might" be able to source shipping materials though him, but at this point I do not know what the costs for those materials would be. I do know he would be willing to help me out, but we have not yet dicussed the possibility of one off orders for other partys. (If something comes up, I could always ask).

I only re-connected with him recently, but we have known each other most of our lives as our mothers have been best friends since before we both came into this world. We are a silmilar age and spent alot of time together as children as our familys are very close and have spent many holidays and summer vacations together.

Last edited:
Can someone please pick up, pack, and ship a bike in Sodus Point, New York? Please pm me your fee if you are available, thank you

Back