When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Best all around is Shipbikes.com. Easy website and group discount. Probably shipped 25 bikes so far. They go through FedEx
I second that! Never had a problem with Shipbikes. Easy to create a label. Cost is always half of what FedEx charges. They use FedEx which is much better than UPS.
Phone number is required while Fedex doesn't care. The only way to ship in my opinion,

I have only shipped one bike and that was just the frame and fork. I got a free box from my LBS and used pipe insulation and pool noodles for the frame tubes. I cut the box down to the smallest dimension that would accomodate the frame, built rear triangle and fork braces, and cardboard spacers to keep the box from being crushed. I spent about 3 hours packing everything. I would'nt trust my LBS to do it properly - all new staff.

I don't think I'll ship again unless a buyer really wants to compensate me for my time and effort.

Great topic.
I have called the local bike shops and have been told that boxes are not given out. Nor will they sell any. Have asked if I catch them on a day where they receive a bike can I purchase it and have never received a call back.
These retail shops are in for the revenue of their retail sales not helping the private seller it seems.

Will the ups or fedex store have such awkward bulky boxes? And the packing needed to secure the bike?
Aren't Bike boxes equiped with added wood cross braces? I would guess that just adds to the weight.

I would guess it is advised to add insurance to the freight costs.

Interesting post. I want more <(*J*)>

Pictures too
I get mine from Walmart....get to know the bike builder....

I recently bought a bike on fee bay from a CABER. I thought he was a reputable seller as he has lots of bikes and parts for sale on the CABE and fee bay. UPS brought a smashed box. The frame was bent because no spacer on rear dropouts. The front axle was bent. And missing the speedometer. He’s been a with the CABE since 2012!! Look at the photo of smashed box on UPS truck. Can you refuse delivery?

9B1BCA83-B59B-4B7D-8A4C-FF17E7AE2F0E.jpeg

I recently bought a bike on fee bay from a CABER. I thought he was a reputable seller as he has lots of bikes and parts for sale on the CABE and fee bay. UPS brought a smashed box. The frame was bent because no spacer on rear dropouts. The front axle was bent. And missing the speedometer. He’s been a with the CABE since 2012!! Look at the photo of smashed box on UPS truck. Can you refuse delivery?

View attachment 1480531
That didn't happen inside the truck. What did the driver say? A UPS employee or employees handled it and loaded like that. I would think you have a claim.

That didn't happen inside the truck. What did the driver say? A UPS employee or employees handled it and loaded like that. I would think you have a claim.
The driver said it wasn’t packed correctly. And that’s what it looked like when he got it off the big truck.

Back