When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
New rule!

ok, new rule!
there's a reason in the original post I didn't say remove the fork. this is the 3rd bike I've had shipped to me like this.
so new rule, LEAVE THE FORK IN THE FRAME!!!
always remember the people at the shipping company do not care that your bike is 60-80 years old, they just don't and they throw them around and drop them out of the truck on the ends, and all of the "FRAGILE" stickers you attach mean nothing to them at all, in fact it may even encourage them to handle it rougher.

P8301427_zps7061e85f-1.jpg

P8301428_zpsc3f50434-1.jpg

ok, new rule!
there's a reason in the original post I didn't say remove the fork. this is the 3rd bike I've had shipped to me like this.
always remember the people at the shipping company do not care that your bike is 60-80 years old, they just don't and they throw them around and drop them out of the truck on the ends, and all of the "FRAGILE" stickers you attach mean nothing to them at all, in fact it may even encourage them to handle it rougher.

I'd be pissed to find that! !

I will say that I usually remove the front fork and wrap the headtube in layers of bubblewrap. Also use pipe insulation on the frame.
Here is a recent heavyweight I packed and sent via fedex to Cali.

d96ecc538a1cad38191047b05a5b3eac-1.jpg

c95e9d67f526f9534c16986cd40b05b2-1.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

ok, new rule!

Where is the bearing race? I would have thought the hardened steel race would have protected the gooseneck.

Where is the bearing race? I would have thought the hardened steel race would have protected the gooseneck.

the bearings and races were on the fork.

I don't think bubble wrap sufficient protection, they may work if it's only dropped once but they seem to systematically drop them on the ends every time they move them from truck to truck. eventually all of the bubbles will be popped and that one last hit will do the deed.

helpful but have a question

wow Thanks Didnt know how to ship one before but what if you Dont Have a local Bike shop How do you get a box Then? Just wondering Because I Thought about Posting Bikes i have for sale on ebay or such but never could figure out how to ship and the nearest Bike Shop is 200MI away in the city so Getting a box their is out Any Ideas?

wow Thanks Didnt know how to ship one before but what if you Dont Have a local Bike shop How do you get a box Then? Just wondering Because I Thought about Posting Bikes i have for sale on ebay or such but never could figure out how to ship and the nearest Bike Shop is 200MI away in the city so Getting a box their is out Any Ideas?

A television box will also work very well.

Back