When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Help

-
need bike picked up and shipped from plano texas to Orlando Florida, all expenses paid , any help is appreciated

Anybody ever gotten a bike shipped from Europe to here? How did it work getting through customs

I think that you can pack bikes well and have a good chance of avoiding damage. And a poor job certainly will increase chances. But at the same time if i driver or handler doesnt care to keep the box upright, and like dropping boxes off trucks, you could receive a damaged bike regardless of how nice its packed.

After two bikes i shipped with ok but not top notch packing jobs , i wont send another bike out without more disassembly, tying stuff together, and wedging padding around it.

They suck.

I'm happy to report the mercury pacemaker arrived save and sound from the Houston area to Dahlonega Ga! I used bike flights and a store in the Houston area called the Bike Barn, Brandon at bike barn carefully packed the bike into 2 boxes all exposed painted parts were wrapped and taped for additional protection and then double boxed! I paid extra but have never seen a bike packed so well. Thanks to Brandon and Bike Barn Houston for a job well done!

Thanks Thad for recommending Bike Barn, and Shawn for your recommendation of bike flights, pictures should be posted tomorrow.
Mike

Hello all I've personally had bikes shipped to me with no packaging/padding materials. Damaged! I've had somebody use old egg cartons as protection. Damaged! Had my Hextube frame wrapped in an old mattress cover. Damaged! I recommend total disassembly and wrapping every part in large bubble bubblewrap. Then floating sheets down the sides for more protection.For rear frame drop outs and fork legs a small piece of 2x4 between the openings prevents bending if somebody steps on the box. Axles should be protected also they love to poke through box and get damaged. Like mentioned before if you move the bike box around and there's movement inside. Most likely there will be damage. Haven't shipped in awhile but I used FedEx ground/home as they were less expensive and have less volume going through their system than say Ups hence less package smashing. Even if a bike is not in great shape or the paint awesome. Your buyer will very much appreciate a job well done when it comes to packaging!!! Pack it with care! It's precious American history your shipping!

I use bike flights they pick it up at your house and deliver it to the customer last bike I did was a jchiggins 1950 full dress from Illinois to south carlind 58.00 I have packed a mot of bikes and have had not one complaint

Is there anyone in the Tucson area willing to pickup, pack & deliver a "city bike" to a FedEx location? I've never needed this service before so I'm not sure how/what to pay. Found a local commercial place but hoping a Caber would know what they're doing. Anyway, reply here or send me a PM please.
Thanks much.
Pete

Is there anyone in the Tucson area willing to pickup, pack & deliver a "city bike" to a FedEx location?

No more need for help in Tucson. Got this taken care of by a delivery service, a bike shop (Ordinary Bike Shop) & bikeflights.

I've shipped hundreds of bikes and never had a complaint. I use UPS, keep my dimensionsfor the box under 130 inches(length+twice the height plus twice the width), and wrap every part in bubble wrap like it's an ancient artifact. It's the best way and I've tried them all.

Back