When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
Danny the Schwinn freak is from Tucson and he is the best packer in the US! Not sure how to attach him to this but look him up! He's very very good!!!

Ps just my opinion!

I'm on pins and needles awaiting my latest bicycle to arrive to Georgia from California, should be here Friday. The bike shop who I've dealt with before felt it best not to dismantle the front end, ( wires, conduits, fore-brake, etc.). It was packed in an oversized heavy duty electric bicycle box 77" x 37" X10" at weighed in at 74 lbs. I couldn't get Bike Flights to accept a box that large, when I called the Bike Flights customer service line the rep told me to shave a few inches off the height from 37 to 35" and width to 9" when I returned to the online box dimension page and adjusted the box down it allowed the bike to proceed.
I asked the rep if I could do as he suggested, his reply was I'm not telling you to do that but.... he also stated not to worry FedEx would not measure the box. It's currently in Oklahoma in transit and has made it through a few facilities so far.

I'll keep you posted on it's condition when it gets to me this week.

Mike

FYI - Here is another bike I recently received with a flaw in the packaging, thankfully there was no damage, but a few more hits and this headset topnut was coming through the box.
IMG_7770.JPG

Here is a seat tube that had the same results....
IMG_7335.JPG

I'm on pins and needles awaiting my latest bicycle to arrive to Georgia from California, should be here Friday. The bike shop who I've dealt with before felt it best not to dismantle the front end, ( wires, conduits, fore-brake, etc.). It was packed in an oversized heavy duty electric bicycle box 77" x 37" X10" at weighed in at 74 lbs. I couldn't get Bike Flights to accept a box that large, when I called the Bike Flights customer service line the rep told me to shave a few inches off the height from 37 to 35" and width to 9" when I returned to the online box dimension page and adjusted the box down it allowed the bike to proceed.
I asked the rep if I could do as he suggested, his reply was I'm not telling you to do that but.... he also stated not to worry FedEx would not measure the box. It's currently in Oklahoma in transit and has made it through a few facilities so far.

I'll keep you posted on it's condition when it gets to me this week.

Mike
When I said shaved off the box, I only went back to bike flights website and "adjusted" the height and width down, I never actually cut down the box!
@IngoMike I'm glad there was no serious damage to your bike.
@robert bell great tip on fastenall and cheap, thanks for that tip!

Mike

Help needed. I need a bike picked up and packed from Johnston, Rhode Island. Is there anyone able to lend a hand?
Thank you,
Chris

Scott that info should be a sticky or some of permanent post, seems like alot of people still dont know how to ship a bike PROPERLY.

Thanks alot for your effort, hope it is appreciated by the people that need it.

55 vette
Great advice! I usually follow the same guidelines when shipping a bicycle. My shipper of choice is Shipbikes.com. Never a problem and surprisingly low prices. The actual shipping is carried out by FedEx.

Great topic.
I have called the local bike shops and have been told that boxes are not given out. Nor will they sell any. Have asked if I catch them on a day where they receive a bike can I purchase it and have never received a call back.
These retail shops are in for the revenue of their retail sales not helping the private seller it seems.

Will the ups or fedex store have such awkward bulky boxes? And the packing needed to secure the bike?
Aren't Bike boxes equiped with added wood cross braces? I would guess that just adds to the weight.

I would guess it is advised to add insurance to the freight costs.

Interesting post. I want more <(*J*)>

Pictures too
I often dumpster dive for bike boxes behind my local bike shops.

Back