When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping with Bikeflights

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TheFizzer

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So I shipped and insured a bike for $300 via bikeflights who uses UPS. Packed it up with bubble wrap in a really nice box with arrows pointing up on the outside of the box. Well of course UPS beat the crap out of it and destroyed part of the bike. I file a claim and they want pics of the box before and after, pics of the packing material, pics of the bike before and after, receipt of the sale, link to the for sale ad and a written quote to repair the bike. We got a written quote saying it can’t be repaired. After finally getting all this information bikeflights tells me IF the claim goes through they will pick up the bike and scrap it. This is insane to me!!!!

So I shipped and insured a bike for $300 via bikeflights who uses UPS. Packed it up with bubble wrap in a really nice box with arrows pointing up on the outside of the box. Well of course UPS beat the crap out of it and destroyed part of the bike. I file a claim and they want pics of the box before and after, pics of the packing material, pics of the bike before and after, receipt of the sale, link to the for sale ad and a written quote to repair the bike. We got a written quote saying it can’t be repaired. After finally getting all this information bikeflights tells me IF the claim goes through they will pick up the bike and scrap it. This is insane to me!!!!

I have had a few bikes damaged by the shipper that I purchased from sellers who did NOT package the bike properly! It was the sellers fault, I purchased them through Ebay, so I was covered with their buyer protection, and it got resolved with a partial refund from the sellers. Sadly, I have pretty much given up on buying bikes that need to be shipped because of the huge increases in shipping prices! Shipbikes.com was always less expensive than bikeflights, but they have suspended their shipping citing the higher costs.

I hope it all works out for you with your claim.

I had a bicycle shipped and insured by UPS from Washington State. Damage to bike happened. Not only did UPS pay the full claim, I then was able to purchase the bike at a very deep discount.
You have to talk directly to the claims department and negotiate a deal with them. I'm very happy with the outcome.

I've dealt with Fedex before & have had good luck but this is the first time dealing with bike flights & they make it virtually impossible!!

If they pay the claim in full they have rights to the bike and are free to dispose of it as they wish. Certainly you wouldn’t expect to get paid and keep the property. Hope it works out for you.

I have had a few bikes damaged by the shipper that I purchased from sellers who did NOT package the bike properly! It was the sellers fault, I purchased them through Ebay, so I was covered with their buyer protection, and it got resolved with a partial refund from the sellers. Sadly, I have pretty much given up on buying bikes that need to be shipped because of the huge increases in shipping prices! Shipbikes.com was always less expensive than bikeflights, but they have suspended their shipping citing the higher costs.

I hope it all works out for you with your claim.
Did I read somewhere that that bikeflights requires a double thick box for shipping? @TheFizzer was it a double bike box used? From what I remember bikeflights wants you to buy the box from them.

Did I read somewhere that that bikeflights requires a double thick box for shipping? @TheFizzer was it a double bike box used? From what I remember bikeflights wants you to buy the box from them.

I am unaware of that requirement with Bikeflights?

This is another reason I like to buy bikes through Ebay with their "Buyer Protection". I know I pay a bit more sometimes for the bikes, but the piece of mind is worth a few extra $$$ if something does go wrong, and a claim has to be filed.......!

If they pay the claim in full they have rights to the bike and are free to dispose of it as they wish. Certainly you wouldn’t expect to get paid and keep the property. Hope it works out for you.
If there are parts that can be used for other builds then they should be able to keep those parts & not scrap them!

If there are parts that can be used for other builds then they should be able to keep those parts & not scrap them!
They aren't in the bikes parts business. It would cost them more money to sell stuff than its worth so they just throw it in the bin and take the write-off.

Back