When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping with Bikeflights

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
They aren't in the bikes parts business. It would cost them more money to sell stuff than its worth so they just throw it in the bin and take the write-off.
I understand that but they should just let you keep that parts instead of throwing them away. They're the ones who screwed up & beat the crap out of the box instead of handling it with care.

I understand that but they should just let you keep that parts instead of throwing them away. They're the ones who screwed up & beat the crap out of the box instead of handling it with care.

This is an insurance claim. If you get compensated for the total cost, then you shouldn't expect to keep the property that was insured! Once the claim is paid, then the property is owned by the shipper to do as they please with it. With auto's, you can sometimes buy the damaged vehicle from the insurance provider, but I am not sure if the shipping companies will do that. You can't have it both ways. If you take the full settlement, then you can't expect to keep the bike, and/or parts also!

I always take pictures during packing just in case. I've been lucky none of the bikes I've shipped have been damaged. But , I did recall damaged bike , filed a claim for $220 damage against a $350 bike . Had a friend give me an invoice, and got paid. Forget which shipper it was though

I always recommend double cardboard walls on all sides. Take every single thing apart and wrap the heck out of it. Bicycle boxes don’t stand up in moving delivery vehicles. They’ll be on the side most of the time. Pack it like it’s going to fall over, be upside down, or dropped. Don’t expect them to be nice to your box because you wrote fragile on it. I recommend FedEx ground. Less package volume going through their system and not such a hectic work place as ups. Trust me I know personally. Good luck. Hopefully you get paid.

Inadequate packing is usually the reason! You know it’s gonna get beat to death! Good enough never is!
@Junkman Bob should offer bike packing classes ! You would have to run the box over with a semi to get damage ! What ya think Bob ? Zoom tutorials ? For a nominal fee ? I’ll be your manager and media support 20% ? Of course you better collect the revenue because I’ll embezzle it

Inadequate packing is usually the reason! You know it’s gonna get beat to death! Good enough never is!
@Junkman Bob should offer bike packing classes ! You would have to run the box over with a semi to get damage ! What ya think Bob ? Zoom tutorials ? For a nominal fee ? I’ll be your manager and media support 20% ? Of course you better collect the revenue because I’ll embezzle it
I’m in good brother ….let’s pack another one …😜✌️

They paid the claim so they own the bike. It would be great if you were allowed to buy back at a deep discount since they damaged it.

If the packaging was damaged during shipping, makes one wonder what parts might have fallen out and gotten lost?

68FC3DEF-1382-45C5-8B46-3126E0E713B4.jpeg

BAA576A3-A41C-46B9-859E-DFDC7B4E7990.jpeg

Last box I got , shredded all over , luckily almost everything was there , one accessory did fall out - ups or bikeflights I think

View attachment 1797805

View attachment 1797806
Last box I got , shredded all over , luckily almost everything was there , one accessory did fall out - ups or bikeflights I think
With the currently high shipping prices one expects our boxes to be treated in a careful way. The kind of damage shown here should never happen. Then they run you thru the wringer when a claim is filed due to their handling negligence. 😡

Back