When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

A.S.BOLTNUT

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
What's everyone using for shipping bicycle parts lately? , I need to ship a frame out of the lower 48 ,best shipping service?
Thanks in advance.

Rafael ~

Hi Rafael. I shipped a bike frame late last year, it is the only experience shipping I’ve had, and I used bikeflights.com. Their customer service was really responsive. Being that it was my first time I had a lot of stupid questions and they answered in short order. I thought their price was good, but it was before fuel went through the roof. I would recommend them, it was a good experience. Muji

the "Best Shipping" is dependent on the "Best Packing". I'd say no carrier is more prone to bad outcomes than any other.
I agree with @49autocycledeluxe. I did ship a bike via BikeFlights/UPS this week and received one from Bikeflights/UPS within the last month. Bikeflights is much cheaper than when I priced out UPS/FedEx on my own and I would use Bikeflights for anything large like a frame or wheel set. USPS for smalls.

or

both are comparable anymore.

I shipped a bike recently using bikeflights in 2 boxes and packed each "very well". The box with the front fork arrived on time and in good condition. The 2nd box was late and arrived upside down, and looked like a forklift was driven through it. As i packed well the bike was ok. Packing makes all the difference. Bikeflight did express concern for the handeling and offered a credit on a future shipment but i havent used them again.

IMG_0594.jpg

Bikeflights is by far the cheapest way. I wrap all tubes and small parts with foam, block the fork and drops and then fit the small parts into the frame voids and shrink wrap. I fit wheels inside fenders and shrink wrap as well. I don't use a bike box instead I build a two layer box around frame and wheels, add extra foam/bubble wrap then band it as well as tape the bands so they don't lift box by them. Usually I get it smaller than a bike box so that helps with cost. Seems extreme but I haven't had a problem yet.

Luckily my family owns a logistic company/ warehouse so I have all the packing material, banding machine etc at my disposal

The last one I packed.... 62 lobs. Shipped via Bikeflights from GA to AZ for $170 with $500 insurance

IMG_6088.jpg

IMG_6095.jpg

Back