When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

or

both are comparable anymore.

Shipbikes.com is not shipping bikes at this time. They have been on hold for months now! But before that, they were way cheaper than Bikeflights.com!

Thank you all for chiming in ,I've used bikeflights.com many times in the past never had a problem, it's just been awhile and was just wondering if there were any other shipping options that were less expensive..

Thanks again
Rafael

I have recently seen some lighter-weight shipping methods for frames.

I guess that it might depend on what is inside.

I have recently seen some lighter-weight shipping methods for frames.
View attachment 1688534
I guess that it might depend on what is inside.
Lol. I've used that method before, it might take away a lil from the weight of the package but not from the dimensions, I never had any complaints packaging a bare frame that way but just didn't feel right sending something that way rather be safe then sorry...

Rafael ~

Bike Flights is using UPS and is generally cheaper than just going to UPS as a consumer-level user. I would use BikeFlights for now, if you're the average consumer who doesn't have a corporate/bulk discount with UPS or FedEx.

Shipbikes was using FedEx, but was reportedly being abused by people to ship anything and everything (and lying about it being bike-related on the form) because of the discount they were getting. FedEx ended its partnership with Shipbikes, so they are out of action until they can procure a substitute.

In the last year or so, I've seen more people moving away from bike boxes and toward custom pack jobs. I received a bike packed into a flat screen TV box, and recently a bike frame/fork./fenders inside two layers of thin box with wrap all over it. Both made it safely to me, though the TV box was a little thin on padding. Both were cheaper than a traditional bike or frame box because the dimensions were smaller.

Bikeflights is by far the cheapest way. I wrap all tubes and small parts with foam, block the fork and drops and then fit the small parts into the frame voids and shrink wrap. I fit wheels inside fenders and shrink wrap as well. I don't use a bike box instead I build a two layer box around frame and wheels, add extra foam/bubble wrap then band it as well as tape the bands so they don't lift box by them. Usually I get it smaller than a bike box so that helps with cost. Seems extreme but I haven't had a problem yet.

Luckily my family owns a logistic company/ warehouse so I have all the packing material, banding machine etc at my disposal

The last one I packed.... 62 lobs. Shipped via Bikeflights from GA to AZ for $170 with $500 insurance

View attachment 1688439

View attachment 1688440
We priced this with our commercial UPS account and it was $120 MORE than Bikeflights

I shipped a bike earlier in the year to ME from CO with bikeflights and it was $189. Not cheap but sadly way cheaper than any other method. The days of the $80 cross country shipping are gone I'm afraid. The less valuable bikes are now worth even less because the shipping is a deal breaker.

Back