When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shockmaster fork help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ozzie

I live for the CABE
I have a prewar shockmaster fork and would like to know if it is normal to have side to side movement at the top pivots. There doesn’t seem to be any wear in that area causing the problem. It seems to me shimming washers are required on the pivot bolts to make it tight.

Thanks for your help.

It should not have play in it. Here is a pic of mine and it has a spacer on the inside. V/r Shawn

Thanks for the prompt reply Shawn. Is the spacer factory fitted or did you add it?
I restored this bike about seven years ago so I don’t recall. I do know without them you are going to have some slop. V/r Shawn

Not sure if slop or movement would be the result of the shoulder area of the shoulder bolt fitting too loosely in the pivoting forks?

If tightening is the solution, then perhaps the spacer washers should fit the wide shoulder, rather than the narrower threaded area?

Last edited:
Not sure if slop or movement would be the result of the shoulder area of the shoulder bolt fitting too loosely in the pivoting forks?

If tightening is the solution, then perhaps the spacer washers should fit the wide shoulder, rather than the threaded area?
I used metal washers and the fork legs are snug now but I am going to try some hard nylon washers next week.

I was going to suggest delrin/nylon type bushing washers.
Not OG, per say, but they may make the pivot performance better.

Back