When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shogun 400...the Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Well, I violated two of my Cardinal rules...wear your glasses when picking up a bike, and don't rush.

This was on Craigslist, and I saw it needed some work. But the guy said he'd take $50 and I figured what the heck. Can't go wrong for that price, right? A little work and it'll look like the rest I contend with. Aye Carumba! A LOT of work!!

The GOOD...low price for a Champion No. 2 frame with decent components.
The BAD...more rust than I had imagined with some chrome loss and more work than I had planned on.
The UGLY...electric tape on the handlebars and all the rust.

So...here are the pics...:anguished:

IMG_6610.jpg

IMG_6611.jpg

IMG_6612.jpg

IMG_6613.jpg

IMG_6614.jpg

IMG_6615.jpg

IMG_6617.jpg

IMG_6618.jpg

IMG_6619.jpg

IMG_6620.jpg

IMG_6621.jpg

IMG_6622.jpg

IMG_6623.jpg

IMG_6625.jpg

-----

Since anterior round thing a replace-a-mente there must have been an "event"...

-----

Well, I violated two of my Cardinal rules...wear your glasses when picking up a bike, and don't rush.

This was on Craigslist, and I saw it needed some work. But the guy said he'd take $50 and I figured what the heck. Can't go wrong for that price, right? A little work and it'll look like the rest I contend with. Aye Carumba! A LOT of work!!

The GOOD...low price for a Champion No. 2 frame with decent components.
The BAD...more rust than I had imagined with some chrome loss and more work than I had planned on.
The UGLY...electric tape on the handlebars and all the rust.

At one time both my wife and I rode 400's, her's was a mixte, however ours were in just a bit better conditon. ;) They are nice riding reliable bikes.

Your wheels and frame look usable, so you could strip, clean and relube everything and use it for rainy days. They are so easy to work on you could probably do it in an afternoon if you don't worry about cosmetics. You don't see to many rat rod lightweights. :cool: Any components you can't use are easily obtainable from Asian bikes of the era for cheap. Over the years I've salvaged enough of that stuff to build a couple bikes. I have over 2300 miles on a world sport I repainted and built up with stuff from the junk box. Paid $5 for the bike and the rest was basically free except for tires. I did add a set of plastic fenders I got at a bike show for $5 casue I do sometimes ride in the rain or shortly after when the road is stil wet.

At one time both my wife and I rode 400's, her's was a mixte, however ours were in just a bit better conditon. ;) They are nice riding reliable bikes.

Your wheels and frame look usable, so you could strip, clean and relube everything and use it for rainy days. They are so easy to work on you could probably do it in an afternoon if you don't worry about cosmetics. You don't see to many rat rod lightweights. :cool: Any components you can't use are easily obtainable from Asian bikes of the era for cheap. Over the years I've salvaged enough of that stuff to build a couple bikes. I have over 2300 miles on a world sport I repainted and built up with stuff from the junk box. Paid $5 for the bike and the rest was basically free except for tires. I did add a set of plastic fenders I got at a bike show for $5 casue I do sometimes ride in the rain or shortly after when the road is stil wet.

Bike was bought as a flip to further future purchases. I've had other Shoguns in my size (24'' frame), and they're great bikes.

Back