When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shorty clamp

-

buickmike

I live for the CABE
Workin on clamp for brake lever; For material I am using strap from stainless steel u bolt5" had to cut some dyes to shape metal did t really do any measuring.Instead just scribed diameter on base and ground top form to fit. Using. Schwinn blueprint made available from mark matiee. To get thickness. First try so it didn't fit. But had to tweek it. Not enough length to mess around with.

uploadfromtaptalk1499739796804.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1499739961856.jpg

It wouldn't fool anybody. 1st version. 2nd attempt. I need to widen base- also Ian thinking about forming half round area first and then punching in crimp area. I did modify base by taking radius deeper but only so much material to work with its like sleeping under a blanket that's too short

uploadfromtaptalk1500336158526.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1500336298054.jpg

Its okay. Its done now For one bolt I used 4mm carriage screw found on Nintendo faceplate Works and that's the main thing. Now I need a couple clamps for holding cable to handlebar. Had a set loong time ago Even seen a set on eBay years ago....

IMG_20191018_192935.jpg

IMG_20191018_193003.jpg

Nice work! I’ve been a machinist my whole life, made lots of form tools & dies, but never got into the bending side of metalwork.

Anyone out there remember Walter Dorsey (I believe) in the LA area? Inglewood to be exact...
Just over 20 years ago or so he was working here locally at a machine shop and made me a few of those
and they were dead nuts! dude did incredible work...haven't see or heard from him in a while..
if anyone has his contact info? Feel free...

I replaced front wheel with a original drum rim. Has correct offset to center in fender but spokes cross over stem. Also had to spread forks over hub. Now the post for adjustment ferrule strikes fender stay so I probably. Don't have correct clamp for backing plate

IMG_20191020_193231.jpg

IMG_20191020_205814.jpg

You might have an extra lock washer or something is to thick if you had to spread the forks. All of mine the adjustment ferrule has hit the fender brace. Add a few washers behind the fender brace to deal with it. Front brakes are a pain to set up but worth it.

Back