When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should have known better!

-
Same happened to me on uphill, old skiptooth chain snapped, luckily girl bike klunker so no top tube smack or knee strikes. But no coaster brake for about 2 miles of downhill, applied foot pressure to rear wheel controlling speed worked very well. But tire friction put a groove into rubber sole. 👍👍

20220323_172327.jpg

20220324_112030.jpg

I had a very bad crash on my original street converted 1970 Harley XR750 Tomahawk. Broken jaw from wearing a stupid Bucco 1/2 Helmet. 4 Broken toes from wearing stupid Harley zipper boots (popped off) Dislocated shoulder and busted elbow from wearing stupid Evel Knievel Jacket with no shoulder or elbow inserts. The stud sticking out of the model B carb was stuck in the side of my knee cap when the dust settled with bike on top. 2 weeks in the hospital with a morphine button. Guy ran out in front of me on a freeway frontage road. I made a bike rack out of him. He broke his forearm which hit me in the face. Never be exactly the same. Not a bicycle story but since we do have a vintage motorbike group I’m sharing my pains too :)

Back