When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I buy this bike?

-
B6

you can! the guy relisted it again??? thought it changed hands, maybe the seller forgot he sold it??? you guys keepin track? sorry to wake up everybody. he is playing the bait and switch game with the bike. still O feedbacks. however he looks to have some(rusty) b6 bikes in stock.

Last edited:
you can! the guy relisted it again??? thought it changed hands, maybe the seller forgot he sold it??? you guys keepin track? sorry to wake up everybody. he is playing the bait and switch game with the bike. still O feedbacks. however he looks to have some(rusty) b6 bikes in stock.

Here's what I think happened. The guy did sell the bike but he is new to ebay & ebay now has an option that if your item does not sell then it automatically re-lists the item. It just happened to me the other day, there is a little box you have to uncheck so your item will not re-list.

Here's what I think happened. The guy did sell the bike but he is new to ebay & ebay now has an option that if your item does not sell then it automatically re-lists the item. It just happened to me the other day, there is a little box you have to uncheck so your item will not re-list.

Correct; the seller is very new to selling especially on eBay, initially this bike was for sale on his uncle's ebay account (snow bird) which is why the bike location said it was outside Chicago when it was really in FL. This was the auction with the changing shipping amount (380.00+). The reason the shipping amount was so high is the seller didn't want the bike taken apart for shipping and got an estimate to have the bike crated and shipped freight. I was the under bidder on this sale.

The subsequent auctions have been on the sellers own new account; he is very young and while I think he means well, his lack of experience and worry of being taken advantage of makes him seem phoney and difficult to deal with.

I was fortunate to of had a business trip to FL which made it possible to make the 4 hr round side trip to buy the bike. I offered him what my high bid on eBay was minus the cost of shipping would be since his prior actions messed up an opportunity for free shipping (friend relay).

I had to leave the bike in FL with a friend when I left last week but expect the bike next week.

If this seller finds another bike, he is ok to deal with but plan to pickup in person with cash...he is not cool with prior payment and having a friend pick it up, even if the friend has your cash.

BTW: I left the seller a message that he needs to end this auction and stop any auto re listing

Last edited:
Back