When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I buy this bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The forebrake is a plus, as is the rack, as is the springer, seat picked up later.
At 550 without added shipping, its a good deal, but I would propose a 500 cash pickup asap before it ends on ebay today.
Chris

Last edited:
did someone say how much the guy was asking?

I haven't seen it on ebay... how much was the guy asking for it?

Ken

starting bid is 550 with an hour or so left to go, no reserve and no bids yet. I agree the forebrake is a plus. after looking at the pictures I think Shawn is right, I wouldn't pay much more than 550. The fact you are local and wouldn't have to pay shipping is a bonus.

Last edited:
Pretty rough

A good rule of thumb I try to follow is, if I bought it for this much + shipping, could I flip it tomorrow for the same amount? You have no idea how many bikes I have had to sit on (or take a loss) because I overpaid. If you are going to pay the most that you think anyone would on a bike, try to make sure all the correct and original parts are there...

This thing is pretty rough. The front fender light is rusted through on the side... If you want to buy a bike to restore then this could be it, but if you want an original rider I would look at Darcie's (depending on what she is asking for it). Personally, I only try to collect original paint bikes as much as possible, but that is just me..

-Ken-

I think you will be better off paying a bit more and holding out for a better bike. That thing is a rusty mess. Take it from me, working on a rust bucket is no fun!

He said I could have it for $400 & my plans were to clean it up & try to make some money off of it maybe but I would have a few hour round trip to get it.

Back