When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POISON APPLE: '79 Schwinn Fair Lady Trike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bike from the Dead

I live for the CABE
Well, I wasn't planning on entering the Muscle Bike Build Off on ratrodbikes.com this year, as I didn't have anything that'd work for the competition. That all changed just a few hours ago, when I found these 3 bikes for FREE on Facebook Marketplace!

dsc_8479-jpg.jpg

The 1 of the 2 Mountain/Road/Track bikes are probably going to be my new daily rider, while the other one and my current daily are going in my family's upcoming garage sale. The pink Schwinn, however, may be just what I need for an entry into the Muscle Bike Build Off.

dsc_8485-jpg.jpg

According to the serial number, it was made in June 1979, so it's perfect for a MBBO. The good news is that all this bike needs to roll again are new tubes, tires, chain, and a seat, but I know I'm not stopping there...

dsc_8505-jpg.jpg

dsc_8491-jpg.jpg

dsc_8493-jpg.jpg

dsc_8497-jpg.jpg

dsc_8503-jpg.jpg

Here's where the title comes in: I just listed "The Trashliner Trike" for sale on here, ratrodbikes.com, and a couple local sites, as I originally had no plans to use anything other than the springer fork and maybe the sprocket. But now that I've got this 79 Schwinn, I'm thinking about taking the trike rear and sticking it on that. I wanted to sell the trike to fund another trike conversion I wanted to do, but now I'm thinking of making the Schwinn into a trike using the parts off the Trashliner. I just don't know for sure if I want to or not. I know I'm taking the trike to my welder guy tomorrow morning to fix one spot on it, so maybe I can use that as an excuse to take it apart and test fit it to the Schwinn.

dsc_8509-jpg.jpg

dsc_8516-jpg.jpg

dsc_8520-jpg.jpg

dsc_8528-jpg.jpg

So, what do you guys think? Part out the super-sketchy Trashliner Trike to make the free Schwinn into an admittedly better trike, or sell the Trashliner to fund some other projects?

If no real interests in trashliner then rip it apart & use it. I have those bikes I don't have but $5-35 in & if it's not something I wanted but was cheap or a freebie with what I wanted then it's fair game for anything. Can be metal for patch metal etc. I cut a womans kent la jola aluminum frame to use as a top bar for another girls bike or a trike. I used the tires & wheels to make a rider so $25 gave me a few extra cheap parts; bars, stem, fenders, 3 piece small crank & misc nuts bolts etc

Well, I've decided to withdraw The Trashliner Trike from being sold. I'm going to get my 160 dollars worth by taking this thing apart and using the pieces on the Schwinn Fair Lady and whatever other bike can use the parts.
I think that is the right choice in my opinion. Hell you may build something so bad ass you can't part ways with it or at least without a stupid offer. My Nirve Cannibal is 1 of those bikes but around $500 it's possibly for sale with the stock wheels/tires or more with the 26x3 Duro setup. I don't think it would ever sell like other things I have so I don't bother on here.

Back