When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I Part Out Earliest Known Iver Johnson Balloon Tire Bicycle, Rare Parts?

-

frankabr.

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm getting ready to sell what has been identified as the earliest known Iver Johnson Balloon Tire Bicycle. It has incredibly rare parts.
This includes:
Oldest Identified Iver Johnson Balloon Tire Bicycle.
Brooks Pre-War Saddle
Internal Sturmey Drum Rear Coupled With External Derailleur And Cycle Rear Derailleur (effectively making it a 9 Speed).
Original Balloon Tires, Pre-War, U.S. Royal
Original Pre-War Wheels, Rims, Etc.
Pre-War Schwinn Front Drum Brake
Two Shifters, One for the Sturmey and one for the Cyclo.
Many other rare and original parts.
Original, Rare Rear Rack
Original Iver Fenders
Original Handle Bars.
Original Phillips Pre War Pedals.
Much More.

The Key Question is: Should I sell this rare bike all together, or part it out? This would make an incredible museum piece.
What is your opinion? Thanks, F.A.

Do not part her! Just my opinion. And if it is really rare, definitely not!

PLEASE DO NOT PART THIS BIKE OUT YET !!!!!!!!!!!! Can you post some pictures so we can assess the bike and try to determine originality of parts and help you make a very informed decision before you move forward. If it has this many rare parts & they are original to the bike you may have something worth much more intact at an auction house than if parted. This is not usually the rule of thumb, but on really rare complete bikes, a complete bike can bring much more than the sum of the parts. Once parted an original is gone forever. Hope to see photos & thanks for asking the forum members on parting.

You're joking right? Have things just gotten a little too boring for you on the CABE and you just needed some action.

Post some pics, if it is as early as you say, I would think at least an Iver enthusiast would snatch it....

Please don't even think of parting it out, get those evil thoughts out of your mind :) Seriously if it is what you say it is and its been together this long then it was meant to be together as one unit.

You're joking right? Have things just gotten a little too boring for you on the CABE and you just needed some action.

Dave, He's been in the wrong forums if it's been too boring the last few weeks LOL. Last night was the topper since this member joined!!!!!!!! - Gary

Back