When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Crashing

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Car shows are a great way to find old bikes. Folks that love old cars usually love antiques and anything old interests them, especially something with wheels. I have gotten several nice bikes at car shows, and because of car shows. I always tape a small note to the fender: WANTED--old bikes. I pay cash. call BR5 5558. While displaying a 30's Ranger at a cruise night, an old man said to me, "I have a bike exactly like this. I took it apart back in 1974 or 75 and still have the parts." . . . . Now, many people will say something like that to you at a car show. I've gone on a few wild goose chases. I always ask if it's a boys or girl's bike. They always say, "Boys." I always ask if it's heavy and has "fat" tires. They always say, "Yeah, just like this one," while pointing to my bike. I also ask, "Is it rusty?" They always say, "No." I go to their house, all excited, only to find out the bike is a girl's, Schwinn Breeze, or a beat to death 70's middleweight, covered in rust. Sometimes though, the payoff is big. When this one particular old man said his bike had a tank with a door on it, I said, " Find what parts you can. Here's my phone number. I'll pay you 500 bucks for what you can dig up, as long as the tank is included. I don't care if the tank is dented, rusty, or has a great big hole in it. I'll give you 500 bucks, sight unseen." . . . Three years later. . . . I get a call. He found the parts. He said they were in his attic, basement and garage. Couldn't find the truss rods or grips or the greyhound. I didn't care about that, because being a Ranger guy, I already had the correct grips and truss rods.View attachment 1645451

This is what he brought to my house one Sunday night. He hands me a photo copied sheet off Ebay with a bike just like it selling for over 6 grand. So, I figure my 500 offer is dead in the water. He says to me. " My son looked the bike up. I know what it's worth, but I want you to have it." He sold me the bike for $550.00. This bike, exactly as shown below.. . . View attachment 1645442
View attachment 1645452

Nice Post!! That's a beautiful bike and it looks like it went to a good home!!

Just respect the venue. Don't walk your bike between parked show cars or ride recklessly around and you'll be fine. Most bike guys started out as car guys. They all like vintage stuff. Play by the organizers rules and you will probably be welcomed. We have hauled vintage bikes and Whizzers in the back of our pickups at shows and they were a big hit. Post some pics if you go.

Regular visit to the Monday night car show and as said just don't try to squeeze between the cars!

Back