When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your NON-BICYCLE bicycle parts.

-
I like using things for their unintended purpose on custom bikes!! That's why I am always picking up unusual things I find on my wanderings.View attachment 1306302

The business end of a silver serving fork was used to attach the front of the rear fender on my 1919 Mead for example...
It's those little details that make a bike stand out. That's a fine-looking bike you've got there!

Headlight & tail light lens from those 1st big box flat screen tvs.

These are what produces the color for the projector. I also have some 1/2 domed magnifying lenses I intend to use as port hole bubbles in my wood tanks once I perfect the shaping & hollowing out the insides. They will be back lit via l.e.ds. I am also thinking of using the tv screens to do tanks & panels that can be tinted like tail lights & or lit. They would also make awesome shadow boxes for bicycle art ideas. I have Schwitt tons of repurpose ideas to make custom parts so if you ever have that interest post the bike & the parts you'd like to use on it.

Headlight & tail light lens from those 1st big box flat screen tvs. View attachment 1306362

These are what produces the color for the projector. I also have some 1/2 domed magnifying lenses I intend to use as port hole bubbles in my wood tanks once I perfect the shaping & hollowing out the insides. They will be back lit via l.e.ds. I am also thinking of using the tv screens to do tanks & panels that can be tinted like tail lights & or lit. They would also make awesome shadow boxes for bicycle art ideas. I have Schwitt tons of repurpose ideas to make custom parts so if you ever have that interest post the bike & the parts you'd like to use on it.
That is BRILLIANT parts-repurposing! I never would have even thought of looking at old big screen TVs for bike parts!

Sounds like you've got a good variety of non-bicycle bicycle parts yourself! I'd love to see all those other parts and ideas you've got!

That is BRILLIANT parts-repurposing! I never would have even thought of looking at old big screen TVs for bike parts!

Sounds like you've got a good variety of non-bicycle bicycle parts yourself! I'd love to see all those other parts and ideas you've got!
Thanks. I will start sharing here. I am currently wire wheeling a Monark Rocket project bike so give me some time & I'll share ideas via repurpose parts. Great Thread Idea by the way.

Thanks. I will start sharing here. I am currently wire wheeling a Monark Rocket project bike so give me some time & I'll share ideas via repurpose parts. Great Thread Idea by the way.
Sounds good! Thanks. I can't take all the credit though, as I was inspired by someone else's thread on ratrodbikes.com.

Back