When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your NON-BICYCLE bicycle parts.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Fender Bomb
IMG_2130.jpg

Ok, here's a few bikes I made up and some of the crap I hung on them. Call them junkers, clunkers, rat rods or customs. You be the judge.

The "Cowboy bike" I found an old rocking horse on the curb. I knew the moment I seen it what I was going to do with it.

A prewar Schwinn motorbike. . . the tank is wood... and the handlebars has "cross brace clockometer" It's a Hudson trunk latch with a pocket watch and two 52 Monark fender rockets. Copper pipe for headers.

Another

motorbike with a wood tank. The wire is bell wire from my house. I made the latch and tank straps out of a hunk of copper sheathing. The tank door line I chiseled in. The hinge on the door bottom is a spoke with it's ends set into the wood. The dirt on both of these tanks, to distress them, is 80 year old New Departure grease. . . the worst of the worse.

Below is "8" ball, my favorite rider. I found an 8 ball in the trash. It's bolted to the carrier. The rear reflector is an old "blue dot" taillight lens. I think it's off a early 50's Olds.

I found some motorcycle saddlebags for 20 bucks at a garage sale.

50's Buick hood ornament on the Shelby.

Airplane from Wallmart on the Hawthorne's front fender. One Shot white enamel paint used for the pin stripes.

Double springers on the Monark 5 bar.

Found a cast iron airplane in an antique shop.. .

It helps if you keep an inventory of spare parts. . .

Customs are fun. Every one of my bikes are turds. Started slaming them together in the late 50's. from curbside finds. Picked it up again 20 years ago to keep myself busy.

Bought a set of green fenders at a swap. Built a bike around them.

Things go better with Coke. . . 48 Huffman fenders....just in case you want to know. . .

41 Schwinn. Rattle can rustolium paint job on the tank. [For those of you that think that only the pro's can paint a tank] I nailed the tank to the south side of my house and left it to bake in the hot sun the entire summer, to fade the paint to match the original bike's finish.

The wife a I went to Hawaii. . . thus, the "Tiki" bike.
. . . the wife. God, I love that woman of mine. . .

The "General." Stock Rollfast with 1950 Shelby springer.

To build custom bikes you don't need expensive tools. Just imagination.

015.JPG

My neighbor, Brian. Brian's the dog.
004.jpg

Me on the Phantom. No custom there.

Last edited:
Ok, here's a few bikes I made up and some of the crap I hung on them. Call them junkers, clunkers, rat rods or customs. You be the judge.View attachment 1306623
The "Cowboy bike" I found an old rocking horse on the curb. I knew the moment I seen it what I was going to do with it.View attachment 1306624View attachment 1306627

A prewar Schwinn motorbike. . . the tank is wood... and the handlebars has "cross brace clockometer" It's a Hudson trunk latch with a pocket watch and two 52 Monark fender rockets. Copper pipe for headers.View attachment 1306626
AnotherView attachment 1306628

motorbike with a wood tank. The wire is bell wire from my house. I made the latch and tank straps out of a hunk of copper sheathing. The tank door line I chiseled in. The hinge on the door bottom is a spoke with it's ends set into the wood. The dirt on both of these tanks, to distress them, is 80 year old New Departure grease. . . the worst of the worse.View attachment 1306629
Below is "8" ball, my favorite rider. I found an 8 ball in the trash. It's bolted to the carrier. The rear reflector is an old "blue dot" taillight lens. I think it's off a early 50's Olds.View attachment 1306630
I found some motorcycle saddlebags for 20 bucks at a garage sale.View attachment 1306645
View attachment 1306657

View attachment 1306631
50's Buick hood ornament on the Shelby.View attachment 1306632
Airplane from Wallmart on the Hawthorne's front fender. One Shot white enamel paint used for the pin stripes.View attachment 1306646

View attachment 1306633
Double springers on the Monark 5 bar. View attachment 1306637
Found a cast iron airplane in an antique shop.. .View attachment 1306639
It helps if you keep an inventory of spare parts. . .View attachment 1306648
View attachment 1306649
Customs are fun. Every one of my bikes are turds. Started slaming them together in the late 50's. from curbside finds. Picked it up again 20 years ago to keep myself busy.View attachment 1306656
Bought a set of green fenders at a swap. Built a bike around them.View attachment 1306666
Things go better with Coke. . . 48 Huffman fenders....just in case you want to know. . .View attachment 1306670
41 Schwinn. Rattle can rustolium paint job on the tank. [For those of you that think that only the pro's can paint a tank] I nailed the tank to the south side of my house and left it to bake in the hot sun the entire summer, to fade the paint to match the original bike's finish. View attachment 1306676

The wife a I went to Hawaii. . . thus, the "Tiki" bike.
View attachment 1306680 . . . the wife. God, I love that woman of mine. . .View attachment 1306682
The "General." Stock Rollfast with 1950 Shelby springer.

To build custom bikes you don't need expensive tools. Just imagination.

View attachment 1306625
My neighbor, Brian. Brian's the dog.
View attachment 1306674
Me on the Phantom. No custom there.
I need an affordable Monark Springer; send me that and I will send you some 1 off custom parts ;) Seriously though I Need 1 for either a Monark bike or My Nirve Switchblade build. Either that or a Beehive CWC or a unique springer in general

Send me the pillow that you dream on. . . What is affordable? Free? Go to a swap. Even with the covid, they are still going on. I bought this one last month at a swap for 35 bucks. He had two of them. Also many others. Or, be patient, affordable springers and just about everything else comes up in the for sale section on the CABE. Place a want add on the CABE with what you will pay. I didn't place these photos to sell things.

Send me the pillow that you dream on. . . What is affordable? Free? Go to a swap. Even with the covid, they are still going on. I bought this one last month at a swap for 35 bucks. He had two of them. Also many others. Or, be patient, affordable springers and just about everything else comes up in the for sale section on the CABE. Place a want add on the CABE with what you will pay. I didn't place these photos to sell things.View attachment 1306747
Hey hey hey at least it's a memory foam pillow! Lol. I know man it was for educational purposes only. The swaps here are like The Cabe; way out of my price range. $35-100 would be acceptable for me but unfortunately only vintage collectors & antique wanna be dealers that want to double or triple their profits locally. Anything more and I might as well buy a repop HD Monark springer ebay unit. Nice score though.

Last edited:
sorry.. . Maybe I was too harsh. If your wife looked like mine, you'd be the same way. Yes, I agree. Lots of sellers think what they have is gold, or maybe they really don't want to sell it. They look at the prices on ebay and that's as far as their education goes. Maybe they bought it off the internet and overpaid for it and are trying to get their $ back. Some guys come to swaps with the same stuff, year after year. They have high prices on their stuff and complain that the swap was crap, because they didn't sell much. I can never figure them out. I hate hauling stuff around and think most of us feel the same way. I know what I paid for something and will accept offers. Sometimes, rarely, I take a bath on stuff. That means I'll deal, because I want to get rid of it, not haul it back home. This covid crap has ruined most of the swaps, but guys still have barn loads of stuff that they want to sell. Place a want ad in the CABE. for what you want. Don't worry about insulting someone. As far as swaps go, if the swap says in the flyer that it starts at 10 am, be there at 5 am. with a flashlight. I kid you not, when I go to a swap, I get there at 6, and there are guys[ and one particular lady, that everyone in the Midwest knows] already buying and selling. All the bargains are gone by 7. I'm usually pretty much sold out by 10 and I leave at noon. There are lots of good folks in this hobby, you'll get your springer for 50 bucks. . . somewhere soon.

sorry.. . Maybe I was too harsh. If your wife looked like mine, you'd be the same way. Yes, I agree. Lots of sellers think what they have is gold, or maybe they really don't want to sell it. They look at the prices on ebay and that's as far as their education goes. Maybe they bought it off the internet and overpaid for it and are trying to get their $ back. Some guys come to swaps with the same stuff, year after year. They have high prices on their stuff and complain that the swap was crap, because they didn't sell much. I can never figure them out. I hate hauling stuff around and think most of us feel the same way. I know what I paid for something and will accept offers. Sometimes, rarely, I take a bath on stuff. That means I'll deal, because I want to get rid of it, not haul it back home. This covid crap has ruined most of the swaps, but guys still have barn loads of stuff that they want to sell. Place a want ad in the CABE. for what you want. Don't worry about insulting someone. As far as swaps go, if the swap says in the flyer that it starts at 10 am, be there at 5 am. with a flashlight. I kid you not, when I go to a swap, I get there at 6, and there are guys[ and one particular lady, that everyone in the Midwest knows] already buying and selling. All the bargains are gone by 7. I'm usually pretty much sold out by 10 and I leave at noon. There are lots of good folks in this hobby, you'll get your springer for 50 bucks. . . somewhere soon.
I was kinda serious if you would trade but jus' being funny mostly. I try not to take anything too seriously anymore; unless my family is involved. No wife or kids (other than a pitbully) here by the way. If a woman wants to marry me I'd have to question jus' how crazy is she & should I sleep with a gun under me. Lmfao. Thanks for the info on your local swaps. Maybe I need to jus' have you score me 1 and pay you back. Lol. Hell I may end up making 1 eventually outta repurposed parts. I have seen a few videos about the leaf springers & may try 1 out to see if it fits the builds. Hope You & the Wife have a Happy Thanksgiving. Ride Peacefully man ;)

I like using things for their unintended purpose on custom bikes!! That's why I am always picking up unusual things I find on my wanderings.View attachment 1306302

The business end of a silver serving fork was used to attach the front of the rear fender on my 1919 Mead for example...
Dang... that’s gutsy. My wife would be pissed! She guards her mothers silver set with her life!

Last edited:
Back