When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your KLUNKER 5, SPITFIRE 5 or CRUISER 5

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It simply amazes me when I see some of the prices people are asking for these bikes. One would think that a bike shop would be more in touch with reality, and current pricing on these bikes? But then I see this bike listed for $1500 bucks...............LOL

Did you look at his other items? They love their overpricing of bikes. They also have the same knobby tire listed at 2 different prices. I guess if you throw enough S h ! t at the wall something will stick.

Yep, lots of overpriced stuff in their other listings!

But I guess that is what makes the USA so great.....! Capitalism at its finest.
I'm thinking he has been following the upsurge of interest in these Spitfire & Cruiser bicycle and had done a past purchase search on eBay and Facebook and has seen that there has been a few sales of them near this price range. These bicycles are getting collectible and I have had collectors ask me why I'm interested in them. Schwinn bicycle beginnings are with the balloon cantilever frame and these bicycles are the end of that USA made era, 26", 24" & 20"... 1982 "The End".

I'm thinking he has been following the upsurge of interest in these Spitfire & Cruiser bicycle and had done a past purchase search on eBay and Facebook and has seen that there has been a few sales of them near this price range. These bicycles are getting collectible and I have had collectors ask me why I'm interested in them. Schwinn bicycle beginnings are with the balloon cantilever frame and these bicycles are the end of that USA made era, 26", 24" & 20"... 1982 "The End".

I watch this market pretty close on Ebay, and I never see bikes sell for that price, or anywhere even close! The average sale price of a Cruiser 5 in good condition is $500, some a bit more if in pristine condition, and most of those sales are in California where people have more money than brains!!!!

Guessing one of those Cali Folks, but now you see one has Sold on eBay for that $$ !
Appears to have a Rear Wheel Drum Brake on Front with correct Springer Fork. Kustom !

Some of those sold listings can be a bit deceptive if a best offer was used to purchase the bike. It doesn't show what the actual sale price was, just the original asking price. Also that is not the period correct fork, it is an early 60's fork. And IMO, that drum brake on the front looks like s#!t. LOL

Back