When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your KLUNKER 5, SPITFIRE 5 or CRUISER 5

-
IMG_2807.JPG
I had this very clean 1980 Schwinn Cruiser. Sold it though. The red and chrome springer are so cool looking.

Here's a Klunker 5 somebody's got for sale on EBay, ending tomorrow. It has a serial number beginning with KP, a headbadge stamp of 3218 and the single speed style fender brace that GTs58 pointed out, so it looks original and in nice shape. It's already priced out of my reach but it will be interesting to see what it goes for.

View attachment 431007

View attachment 431008

View attachment 431011

View attachment 431012
I also have a red klunker 5 and my serial number begins with JP

That makes sense. There weren't that many of them and Schwinn probably ran them all in just a few runs or maybe one run. What's the head badge number? And pictures are always good.

That makes sense. There weren't that many of them and Schwinn probably ran them all in just a few runs or maybe one run. What's the head badge number? And pictures are always good.
The head badge on my Klunker5 is 2918 and I will get some pictures tonight when I get home

Back