When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your KLUNKER 5, SPITFIRE 5 or CRUISER 5

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here's one that a customer brought in several years ago that I helped him sell.. Then I boxed it up and shipped it out. I don't recall who bought it, maybe someone on here?
CIMG0029.JPG

CIMG0030.JPG

CIMG0031.JPG

CIMG0032.JPG

CIMG0033.JPG

Here's one on EBay right now that dates to December 1980, according to the description, which is the same as the one I posted on page 15 of this thread, except that this one has the drum brake and mine doesn't. I e-mailed the seller to ask about the head badge number, but I haven't heard anything back. If these were stamped with serial numbers during the strike, then I'm guessing the head badge numbers may be the only way to tell when they dropped the drum brake. Does anybody on here know this guy?
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=293088732846
1562597431740.png

Here's one on EBay right now that dates to December 1980, according to the description, which is the same as the one I posted on page 15 of this thread, except that this one has the drum brake and mine doesn't. I e-mailed the seller to ask about the head badge number, but I haven't heard anything back. If these were stamped with serial numbers during the strike, then I'm guessing the head badge numbers may be the only way to tell when they dropped the drum brake. Does anybody on here know this guy?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Schwinn-Cruiser-5/293088732846?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
View attachment 1027408

Here's my old MR Dec. 1980 serial numbered 1981 model. I'm thinking it was built in March 81.

000_0087 (Large).JPG

Looks like it had the Schwinn top tube decal at one time. Were the fancy 1959 + seat tube decals deleted on the 82 models or has yours worn off? They don't show up in the catalog images on the black one but those images are pretty bad.

Only very small bits of the seat tube decals remain, I believe the gold decals didnt hold up as well as the white. Bike was bought from original owner in Huntington Beach and was ridden regularly. The beach life could also have a lot to do with the faded gold.

H2.jpg

Back