When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your KLUNKER 5, SPITFIRE 5 or CRUISER 5

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
When I first got this '84, it was just like all of the other '84 black Cruiser 5's. I had the tank, a friend had the the fenders, and I stumbled across the chain guard while pursuing a kick back hub. I did nothing to the frame, swapped out forks so I could mount fenders, and saved the original fork, seat, and chainguard. I get a fėw more thumbs up in the neighborhood when riding it now. Very easy to take back to original. My daughter did the graphics.

IMG_20190820_174739589.jpg

IMG_20190820_174704275.jpg

IMG_20190820_174719048.jpg

Very nice custom 84 you have there rivnut.. Super clean. Really like the look, its cool to see something a little different up in here

"My daughter did the graphics." By graphics, do you mean just the "Cruiser 5" and "Schwinn" scripts, or did she do all the painting?

She did the Schwinn and Cruiser 5 script on her Cricut printer. The font is somerhing she picked off Google Fonts.

My '80 Cruiser 5. I have since put chrome seat springs on it, just that little detail makes all the rest of the chrome pop. I also have orig. gum wall Schwinn knobbies for it, but left the Chinese ones it came with until I get more use out of them.

When these came out I didn't care for them all that much, I had a few vintage bikes by 1978 and I thought these lacked refinement and also hated all the damn reflectors. I had a sweet, Cali. beach blonde girlfriend back then, she was going to school down in San Diego... her dad had bought her a blue Cruiser 5, and I spent the summer with her down there... we'd take it down the strand with her on the handlebars on hot summer nights and meet up with friends on the beach to drink beer.

I hadn't thought about her or the night time cruises on the strand until I saw a Cruiser 5 a few years ago.. all of a sudden I was nostalgic for one of these, and put a want ad here on the CABE, and found this beauty a few cities away from a super nice CABER. Now that I'm old, the 5 speed is perfect; I take it down the dirt trail near my house, and the rear drum/front caliper brakes are perfect for not locking up.

It's my favorite bike to ride these days! It's blue just like Sandy's, and reminds me of that wonderful summer, and my beautiful beach babe.

iphone pix 116.JPG

iphone pix 117.JPG

Last edited:
Back