When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your KLUNKER 5, SPITFIRE 5 or CRUISER 5

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have this one posted in the coaster Cruiser tread ... Needed to be here in the correct 5 speed tread.
Purchased at Spring Memory Lane Swap 2021 Schwinn Cruiser 5 MRxxxxxx Dec 1980 Badge #1671 June 17, 1981
This one is going to get NOS W/W Studded Balloon Tires , a total tear down, detailed and some fine tuning over the winter months. Should clean-up very nice !

IMG_9446.JPG

IMG_9451.JPG

View attachment 1459728

View attachment 1459729

View attachment 1459730

View attachment 1459731

View attachment 1459732

View attachment 1459733

View attachment 1459734

View attachment 1459735

View attachment 1459736

View attachment 1459737

View attachment 1459738

View attachment 1459739

View attachment 1459740

View attachment 1459741

View attachment 1459742
Sweet 81 cruiser 5 i picked up from the original owner this morning.he bought it new at Anaheim schwinn.positron cable appears to have been replaced and i added the two cable clamps on the top tube as they were missing.never cleaned,never polished.i wiped it off with a wet rag.

Wonderful!
Can we have a picture of the sticker on the tube under the saddle?
Thank you!

I have this one posted in the coaster Cruiser tread ... Needed to be here in the correct 5 speed tread.
Purchased at Spring Memory Lane Swap 2021 Schwinn Cruiser 5 MRxxxxxx Dec 1980 Badge #1671 June 17, 1981
This one is going to get NOS W/W Studded Balloon Tires , a total tear down, detailed and some fine tuning over the winter months. Should clean-up very nice !

View attachment 1481439

View attachment 1481440
Are the tires on it now original Schwinn studded if so would you sale

Hi I know this is an old thread but I’m somewhat new, I noticed your 20” cruiser’s fork is longer and straighter then a regular Model fork. I was wondering if you know Why or could you measure it to the next to the 24” fork? I’ve been wanting to make a replica but I can really find anything on what size it’s off of 24”? or what Model it’s from like a 20” scrambler? ..thanks

Hi I know this is an old thread but I’m somewhat new, I noticed your 20” cruiser’s fork is longer and straighter then a regular Model fork. I was wondering if you know Why or could you measure it to the next to the 24” fork? I’ve been wanting to make a replica but I can really find anything on what size it’s off of 24”? or what Model it’s from like a 20” scrambler? ..thanks
The 20-inch forks that you see, are original to that bike.. they only come on the 20 in Schwinn Cruiser, a lot of people call them the mini Cruiser but it's really just a 20 in Schwinn Cruiser.. I believe they only came out in 81, I've heard 82 but don't quote me on that

The same Fork was used on the early Schwinn Scrambler's, the frames are different, the Cruiser has a brake bridge were the Scrambler is a coaster frame. I haven't been able to find the info but some of the early 20" Cruisers were dated in 1981 but were presented in the 1982 Schwinn Catalog. Someone has to have some Schwinn Reporters with this info?

a 1978_schwinn_scrambler.jpg

abmx.jpg

Thank you sir! I’m assuming the chain guard “L” bracket is for a 5 speed or a 24/26” that was put on a 20” guard so it has the clearance for the full size sprocket?

The same Fork was used on the early Schwinn Scrambler's, the frames are different, the Cruiser has a brake bridge were the Scrambler is a coaster frame. I haven't been able to find the info but some of the early 20" Cruisers were dated in 1981 but were presented in the 1982 Schwinn Catalog. Someone has to have some Schwinn Reporters with this info?

View attachment 1495223

View attachment 1495224
So from what it sounds like, is that they are different! Correct?

Thank you sir! I’m assuming the chain guard “L” bracket is for a 5 speed or a 24/26” that was put on a 20” guard so it has the clearance for the full size sprocket?
The 20" Cruiser is a larger frame & chain guard which will accommodate the 46 tooth sprocket, the junior frame is smaller / shorter and will not fit the full size sprocket.

So from what it sounds like, is that they are different! Correct?
Fork is the same.
As stated in one of the other same four topics as this question. The fork was taller for the longer crank clearance and 20 x 2.125 S-2 front tire / wheel.

Back