When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your KLUNKER 5, SPITFIRE 5 or CRUISER 5

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What's the story on the Clunker 5 how many were sold and when was the first Spitfire 5 dated. Mine View attachment 420700View attachment 420701 has 0819 stamp on head badge and looks like new stickers were added but everything else looks great, I think Finders were sold Originally on this bike???
amazing find in CL for what I paid $$.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk
I don't believe they were stock, but yours and some others look factory. I'm guessing they were an option, probably from the dealer.

What's the story on the Clunker 5 how many were sold and when was the first Spitfire 5 dated. Mine View attachment 420700View attachment 420701 has 0819 stamp on head badge and looks like new stickers were added but everything else looks great, I think Finders were sold Originally on this bike???
amazing find in CL for what I paid $$.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk
I had a black Klunker and a red Spitfire 5.Both had fenders but were aftermarket,dealer installed.I've seen a few Schwinn Cruisers (generically speaking) from that era with Schwinn fenders,they must have offered them sometime.This one certainly has them.

My Florida ride, a CL find. I believe it was a cruiser 5 because of the welded on lugs. Havent seen it in a few months but I'm pretty sure its an 85. Soon to get a kickback.

100_1625.JPG

100_1621.JPG

Nice Klunker Tony. When I was refurbing my Black Spitfire 5 I finally convinced Dan, bicyclebones, to reproduce those top bar decals. Mine vanished and at that time I was about to install some of the old 50's style feather script decals like the 80-82 Cruisers.

Nice Klunker Tony. When I was refurbing my Black Spitfire 5 I finally convinced Dan, bicyclebones, to reproduce those top bar decals. Mine vanished and at that time I was about to install some of the old 50's style feather script decals like the 80-82 Cruisers.
Thanks GTs58! I wasn't quite sure if it was a decal or silkscreen

Back