When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your KLUNKER 5, SPITFIRE 5 or CRUISER 5

-
We used to love riding in the rain (we didn't get as much as some of you) and looked for muddy lots but even with the bobbed fenders on our StingRay's they would get clogged with mud so off the fenders came, we didn't mind getting muddy (kinda like these guys with a big 4 wheeler that wont get it dirty), as far as cruiser middle weight frames/ S2's combo they didn't worry about clearance because it was a fenderless Cali/Spit/Klunker/Cruiser and fendered models used S7's and they probably didn't want to tool up to make S2 frames the stopper making years earlier but back to the original topic I just like the way a OG spitfire/Cruiser looks and if its raining bad I ride a bike that came with fenders.

I
Now you've got me wondering. In 1995 Boulder went all out advertising their new " '55 Cantilever Frame". I had assumed they went back to the heavyweight dimensions, but come to think of it, 1955 was when the middleweights were introduced. Looks like it's time to get out the calipers.
If you're talking about that 95 "Anniversary edition", that's what I thought I said. the deluxe I.E "Classic Deluxe" 'Fenders, tank and springer' and "Classic" no springer optioned tank, , is a middle weight sized frame. Apparently only the 95 black phantom including the 96 and 7 B.P. framed "Cruiser Deluxe" built with the left over 95's, nexus 7 is heavy weight sized.

So, didn't they say the 95 BP was 54 repop? and if they said the other was 55 then, yup you right. that's an a little word, date trick. Which, incidentally, obviously, B/C those fenders are wider than middle weight of old because they indented, at frame and fork spots, them to fit, , but not as wide as heavy weights. and it "obviously" worked pretty good, WTF? .

Now it's got me wondering what the heck sized frame are the newer 'Classic, Deluxe 7", or cruiser' that Pacific cycle is still making with front fender light, are, heavy or middle?.

yet I am a bit pleased to know too that, those 95'er's springers and fenders will fit the klunkers, spitfires and cruisers. Plus bonus, fit the 50 and 60 middle weights too.

Last edited:
Thanks Susie for you help
Here's some pics of the bike all cleaned up. Was able to use all the original parts so it is still 100% all original down to the tires and tubes.

IMG_2338.JPG

IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

IMG_2341.JPG

IMG_2342.JPG

Back