When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Manton Smith!

-
Hello, Beautiful bicycles.
Can anyone help identify the year of mine

B98BA8FD-D4FD-4782-BE35-56254CA73F1D.jpeg

@Whizzer!

37ish. Here’s a similarly equipped Manton although a different frame. Your frame style was used through 1940 or so, but seen on lesser models as the years passed. Your bike shares features with the earlier ones, like the deep fenders with horn light and the white enameled swan truss rods.

@Whizzer!

37ish. Here’s a similarly equipped Manton although a different frame. Your frame style was used through 1940 or so, but seen on lesser models as the years passed. Your bike shares features with the earlier ones, like the deep fenders with horn light and the white enameled swan truss rods.

View attachment 1511835
Does anyone have an ad for the prewar Golden Zephyr? Also curious about the use of that chain ring (spider web). 1937 only or was it a model thing? Most Golden Zephyrs I've seen use the ring pictured below. Lastly, does anyone have any ideas on how the serial numbers ran? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Shawn

58BE89E5-0C67-456A-8D07-4CB8FA1C7847.jpeg

Does anyone have an ad for the prewar Golden Zephyr? Also curious about the use of that chain ring (spider web). 1937 only or was it a model thing? Most Golden Zephyrs I've seen use the ring pictured below. Lastly, does anyone have any ideas on how the serial numbers ran? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Shawn

View attachment 1770603
GM Sir this is my 38 crank
On my 40 blue bike has the same crank as yours, so I went with dated Musselman wheel set which is a 40

185B0FDC-0F9E-40E5-AF24-77D1D13D95AE.jpeg

Back