When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Phantoms!

-
I would have one but i didn't get it when it was dangled in front of my face. I felt like a dog with a chain that was just short of reaching its food and water. That's because the price was $150 for an all original 195? black phantom. I was 9 so there was not much i could do about it because my parents did not know anything about it and they did not believe me when i said it was worth it... I have a repro but it's just not the same thing... you don't smell the grease and metal when you ride it. I have been on the hunt for a real one since then but instead i seem to have collected every bicycle i've seen since then. I actually have a good sized collection for only being 14.

I'm lucky to have two.

1949 Green Phantom. The 49 did not come with a Phantom logo on the chain guard. 1952 Black Phantom.

MY 1949 GREEN SCHWINN EXCELSIOR PHANTOM.jpg
1949 SCHWINN EXCELISOR GREEN PHANTOM FENDER.jpg
ZZZ123.JPG
MY 1952 SCHWINN HENDERSON BLACK PHANTOM.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my '57 phantom, kinda rough but it was forgotten and found between hay stacks in a barn for god only knows how long. It came with stainless steel fenders and front brake drum, all I did was clean it up add tires and swap out the seat to make it rideable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 313
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 323
MY green Phantom

green%20phantom%20main.jpg

Thanx to Chris, (scrubrims) on some horse trading. Tank has been touch up with the proper green. Light cover no yet.
1953 1/2.
Mitch

green%20phantom%20main.jpg

Here's my '57 phantom, kinda rough but it was forgotten and found between hay stacks in a barn for god only knows how long. It came with stainless steel fenders and front brake drum, all I did was clean it up add tires and swap out the seat to make it rideable.

Lynotch...love the red bricks. That's what look I want on my unmolested or restored 49 LaSalle.

Still waiting on the redone BobU seat...which is in the mail and expected any day now. But, here is the most recent pic...added the prewar pancake horn for added bling. Plan on installing a Persons siren, as it ain't like I can damaged the distressed OG paint.

6uneje8u-1.jpg

Update...just got my restored phantom seat from Bob U.
Amazing work. I asked that he distress the leather a bit to show some age.
Love Bob's work.
I haven't told him yet it arrived. Thanks Bob.

I notice that the seats pictured on this thread are of different shades of tan, brown and then there is black.
Not that I'm complaining but, I thought he was doing mine in a lighter brown like hzqw21 lighter brown / tan color.

What is the correct color? I'm sure Bob knows best.
Is the darker brown leather what was used or did the purchaser have an option from the retailer?
What do you think looks best?

5usujugy-1.jpg

qasure7e-1.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Back