When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Davis built bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A Davis-Built Black Beauty From Haverford Cycle Co. 1918

google search web / images ......

1918 Black Beauty Ad (davis-built).jpg

black beauty and davis.

I want to bring up this subject again, Patric posted this picture on page 6 does the paint scheme look dead on to these ads, the first ad has the stripe on the top bar but the second ad has its paint on the bottom bar, any clue to beautys being made
attachment-1.jpg
Black Beauty pg 18.jpg
blackbeauty.jpg

Nick.

Nick,

One of the main differences between the frame pictured and the ads are the forks.

They are different in all three examples in fact.
1. Blue/white frame has heavy duty chief style fork.
2. Traveler BB ad has triple crown but truss rods join at bottom of fork instead of heavy duty which ends in a triangular dropout plate.
3. Last ad has a solid crown fork AKA Schwinn style.

Basically what I'm saying is just slap that Black Beauty badge on any teens motorbike and you have a good shot at being correct! (half joking half not)

Sent over from pre-1933 -- Just picked up this old Dayton. Any idea of manufacture year?
::Will be for sale soon::

C841Tp2.jpg

58bgBrd.jpg

The bike has been painted over a few times and the serial is not visible.

Thinking about putting it in the cabinet and blasting to bare metal. This is the first bike I've thought about doing this. I think it's a good candidate considering the condition.

Someone care to talk me out of it?

The bike has been painted over a few times and the serial is not visible.

Thinking about putting it in the cabinet and blasting to bare metal. This is the first bike I've thought about doing this. I think it's a good candidate considering the condition.

Someone care to talk me out of it?

I wouldnt blast it if yer gonna sell it......just sandpaper some paint off to show the serial number and that will give the year:D.......does it have a headbadge?

Got down to the serial. I didn't have any white out to bring out the numbers but had some ink on it.
Serial (as I can tell)....
Before and after pictures...

dayton_serial.jpg

dayton_serial2.jpg

Last edited:
Back